• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a cheap watch rec

wagthesam

Looking Around
9/6/09
It must be a casual watch, leather strap and under or around 100$.

I used the search function and around 100 pages of results came up, I sifted through the first few then gave up and came here.

Thanks

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
1. Go to dealer's sites
2. Look at watches in your price range
3. Choose one you like

CaptainJack

Known Member
13/6/09

Meta4 said:
1. Go to dealer's sites
2. Look at watches in your price range
3. Choose one you like

Wow... you're like a Jedi Master.
How long until the question comes back about which dealer makes the best reps?

I'll give it three days.

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
C'mon guys, help a noob out!

I just got two nice reps from aoobuy.com
One was $49 and one was $75.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
It must be a casual watch, leather strap and under or around 100$.

I would love to offer a suggestion but that has got to be the vaguest description I have heard. I'm amazed you didn't get 1000 pages. Could you pick a brand? A dial color? Anything?

Buehler? :mrgreen:

wagthesam

Looking Around
9/6/09
Would this be a good panerai to get?
viewtopic.php?f=200&t=48591

Also I was looking at the choppard, but I heard the 21j movement is incredibly noisy, is this true?
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=43890

I really liked the IWC Portugese but it seems that watch is doomed from bad quality.

I don't like busy watches, with busy designs or a lot of patterns. I really like IWC's portugese. I might end up just buying a citizen watch just to get something similar.

pedecter

6/4/09
wagthesam said:
Would this be a good panerai to get?
viewtopic.php?f=200&t=48591

Also I was looking at the choppard, but I heard the 21j movement is incredibly noisy, is this true?
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=43890

I really liked the IWC Portugese but it seems that watch is doomed from bad quality.

I don't like busy watches, with busy designs or a lot of patterns. I really like IWC's portugese. I might end up just buying a citizen watch just to get something similar.

I bought the Chopard (from Hont) and it is superb. Out of the box it's the best watch (next to my DSN) rep or gen that I have ever bought. And the Hont Chopard Mille Migila XL is not loud. But the whole fuel gauge filling up when winding / wearing is too cool. For that Panerai 111h, I'd go Sead1999 or DSN or D4M (I bought the Sead1999 and was almost as impressed as I was with my DSN and I bought it before I knew that D4M had it). And unless you are really lucky, avoid the IWC Portuguese. That my $.02

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
wagthesam said:

comparing my two 21j's to my asian eta i have to say, both 21j's actually sound smoother and are not any louder than my eta. i am probably and odd ball on this but thats my experience.