• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Purchased my first rep. Couldn't be happier!!

llama

Horology Curious
29/6/15
Just wanted to share the excitement with others.
Having read many threads on this wonderful forum, I finally took the plunge and purchased an IWC Portuguese Chrono from one of the TDs.
IWCPortuguese_front6.jpg

I chose the one with the blue dials. :w00t:
I was really pleased with their timely responses, the QC process and the quick shipment.
Thankfully there were no issues with customs.
Not sure what the protocol here is about naming people, so I'm erring on the side of caution and leaving the name of the TD out.
If anyone is thinking about making a purchase and wants to know more, PM me.

Not sure if my experience is the norm. I've heard some sad stories from others about how their purchases didn't go to plan, whether it was due to the dealer or customs or some other reason.
All I can say is that I'm now hooked and I will be doing some more research with the aim of acquiring another watch.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Beautiful piece! I love Portuguese but am too afraid of the movement. Hope this one will last you long. ;) You can always mention TD name no matter of your experience, we are here to help each other. Enjoy it and sure post some more pics.

D

d4m.test

It´s beautiful and a great pic. Always stunning these IWC Portuguese chronos. Good fortune with it.

Rezzy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/15
Hi llama, what a beauty! since you are allowed to name the TD - please do tell where from & the price- you seem pleased with the quality and I wish to acquire the same ~ enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llama

Horology Curious
29/6/15
I got the watch from intime.co
You can search their website for the watch and it will tell you the price (USD).

What amazed me was the effort the dealer went to in terms of posting the QC pics. He then posted the time graph, which I wasn't expecting.
Interestingly, a week or so before receiving the watch, I was able to have a look at a gen Portuguese Chrono from an AD.
From what I could remember from looking at the real watch, the rep I received is pretty accurate.
I'm almost tempted to make another trip to the AD and do a side by side comparison, but it might be too obvious that I have a rep.
I'll have to settle for doing comparisons with pics from the internet.

I'm sure an experienced watch repairer will spot this as a fake (especially if they open it up), but I am very happy with how my rep turn out.

NB: Just so there's no confusion, the pic I posted was one I grabbed off the interwebs and not of my rep. I posted it so people who weren't as familiar with the watch didn't have to go google it to see what it looks like.

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
I can still feel the excitement I had when I received my first rep last month. I'm new to this but found the anticipation of receiving it was simply overwhelming and exciting. I was ecstatic when I opened my first package and found the rep to be so nice and better than I expected and that got me hooked for purchasing a few more.

Congratulations on your new rep.

whoknows

13/9/13
Llama,
Classy watch! I've thought about adding one to my collection. If, I do it will be the quartz model I don't want to take the risk of the seconds at six movement.

I would suggest that you post a review of your purchase experience in the Intime forum.

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
Beautiful piece! I love Portuguese but am too afraid of the movement. Hope this one will last you long. ;) You can always mention TD name no matter of your experience, we are here to help each other. Enjoy it and sure post some more pics.

LOL Yeah me too.....Under the category of "the less you know, the better" I strictly adhered to a quartz movement in any Chrono.

BTW I bought most of my Reps from Ryan. Quartz versions from WBK

OmegaGirl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/14
It is fun to read your excitement with this watch! I felt the same when I received my first and only rep. Now I am slowly wanting another... this can get addicting. Great work with your photos and thanks for sharing these here!