• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Really sticky stuff...I mean, REALLY sticky

golgi

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/6/09
I enjoy and value this website, and I couldn't possibly appreciate the membership any more than I do. Because of everyone's contribution, I now have 14 excellently performing replicas. I have received all of them based on the Trusted Dealers here, in combination with members reviews... I have returned a couple DOA and sent a couple of others to modders who have perfected my watches. To all, dealers and modders, THANK YOU!!

Based on this, I just want to say one thing. One controversial thing. Can we please have LESS stickies than what we currently have??? In the Panerai section, there are no less than 13 stickies which range from how to pronounce "Panerai" to how the history of "Panerai" came to be... This is not a Panerai history site, nor a is it a horological teaching site, or, finally, an Italian speaking site.

The Rolex section has 11. Including screensavers. (One of the main articles which will follow you is an impressive V3 vs. V4 SDDS article...mind you, the factories are now producing V5.999)

Similarly, the Omega section has 11 stickies. One of which is a "Fix It" for a watch from early 2008.

I love stickies. I enjoy stickies...but when they follow me every time I refresh the page, now I have been hampered by them. If the admins want to sticky a RELEVANT post...one relevant to purchasing replicas, I beg that they weigh the actual "REPLICA" importance.

I ask this: can we please establish a regulatory few, who reviews STICKIES, and deletes their stickiness when appropriate?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
There is a way to fix this! Collapse the stickies then when a new one is added you will see it change color.

golgi

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/6/09
Referencing RWI from your Smartphone does not allow such a luxury of collapsing STICKIES. I just reiterate... Why sticky it in the first place? Or if you did, is it a "time dependent" sticky?

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
golgi, I'm with you. Stickies drive me crazy.

One thing we have found over the years (some of us for longer than this board has been in existence) is that there are many frequently asked questions for each brand. Stickies are one way of helping reduce redundant questions.

I agree that there are several dated and we should go through them and determine which ones we will keep and which we will change to normal. I hate clutter! Drives me nuts

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Yep, let's clean house D4! I am ready! :) (Team huddle) Ready..Team.. In form of a Sticky buster...In form of a sticky quicky duster buster picky upper!....Break!

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i like stickies! in fact i think some areas need more stickies. i especially think threads similar to 'which version of said watch is better' or 'v1 vs v2 vs v3 reviewed!' etc etc would be pretty useful as stickies

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
'Nuff Said
Sticky-this-thread.jpg

fersi

Known Member
1/7/09
I may be expressing something stupid here but, I think most stickies are useful for us Noobies, perhaps we could have a section called "Stickies Graveyard" or "The Noob Zone", where we could do some archeology of older stickies if needed...Memory is cheap and we have tons of good information, why discard it? Of course the owners and Administrators have the last word...

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Yep, let's clean house D4! I am ready! :) (Team huddle) Ready..Team.. In form of a Sticky buster...In form of a sticky quicky duster buster picky upper!....Break!

There. I just destickied an old thread of my own from Member Replica Sales. My work is done. :)

makoberry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/09
There is an easy solution to this. Create a thread "The best threads about <insert brand>" and just post links to the stickies in there. That way you only need one sticky thread + maybe a few up to date ones. 3-5 threads should be max stickies.

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
Maybe I'm missing something, but for the life of me can't figure out how to hide/collapse the stickies!

fersi

Known Member
1/7/09
OH fersi!!! thank god you made it here
I have been looking forward to your presence! PS Could you just be quiet until you have a point?
thanks
kisses

OHH Golgi, You didn´t get it? Don´t worry I´ll make some drawings for you....
PS. I love you too....

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The big thing here is the fact that the stickies appear on every page and not just P1. If they were cluttering up only the first page of the forum it would not be half as anoying.

/me goes to work out how to colapse stickies.

Col.

Gen-X

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/09
There is an easy solution to this. Create a thread "The best threads about <insert brand>" and just post links to the stickies in there. That way you only need one sticky thread + maybe a few up to date ones. 3-5 threads should be max stickies.

I like this idea. Similar to the thread Don made:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/first-timers-read-me-first-43059

It's great because it's only one line item (satisfying those who don't want to collapse the section), and it helps noobs like me because it actually describes what the thread/sticky is all about.

I think doing away with stickies would make the board MORE cluttered because noobs like me would ask more noobish questions :)