• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Random Stopping | A2824

0sella

Horology Curious
10/1/21
My A2824 seems to stop at random. I'll give some backstory.
  • Received my watch and it kept awful time (+1 min per hour)
  • Followed some advice and got a demagnetizer
  • Upon the demagnetizers arrival I pulled the crown all the way out to stop the movement, I then used it 3 times (pulled the watch away from it 3 times)
  • After this the watch barely worked at all, it would run for a few seconds then die
  • The next day I tried it one more time, placing the watch all the way on the demagnetizer and lifting it off. I then I fully wound the watch and it seemed to run fine
  • However, if I move the watch suddenly it stops again and will only start up if I shake it. Then it works fine again, but this doesn't occur every time I move it suddenly
  • I am also noticing a clicking noise when I screw the crown back in
  • The rotor also doesn't seem to move as freely as before, I don't feel it moving as much as I remember when I first got it
I'm guessing I will have to send it to a watchmaker, but I would like to know what anyone here thinks is wrong with it. I don't know enough about movements to diagnose anything. I tried to give as much info as I can gather but if you all need anymore please let me know.

And thank you all as always, people on here have been very nice and helpful so far so I'd like to thank you all for that.

Last edited:

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
When you pull the crown to the time setting position, does it stop immediately? If not, it’s probably the hack lever that is loose inside and stopping the balance.

Or it could be like what I’m experiencing right now where the rotor screw is somehow stopping the movement. Try unscrewing the rotor and give it a shake. I have my watch in manual wind atm because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk