• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rago auction today- gen prices sagging...

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
did anyone bid or follow the auction today- Rolex prices seemed a little low.... two 1675 GMTs went for between 9,300 and 10,600- that includes the 25% premium.

A gorgeous 1970s Daytona went unsold- they are offering it for 52K...

if anyone wants to check out the prices-

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I've seen DJ'2s back to mid 8k range around here. There has certainly been a correction. But the top models are still gathering good pricing
Exactely this. I recently went to a local jeweler to buy a ring for my girl and there was a two tone Daytona for around 14k. Next to it panda for around 40.

Reactions: P..DR..D

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
What goes up , must come down. That being said, gen Rolexes, Pateks, AP's continue to be solid investments if purchased at the right price point.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
What goes up , must come down. That being said, gen Rolexes, Pateks, AP's continue to be solid investments if purchased at the right price point.
Its getting that pricepoint right, as with all things, which is the key ;)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I think we will see an increase in prices for the holiday season. Right now seems like a good time to strike on some of these watches. But in the end, who really knows !

21/8/22
The metaverse
I think we will see an increase in prices for the holiday season. Right now seems like a good time to strike on some of these watches. But in the end, who really knows !

My bet would be that prices will be low(er) the coming 12 months. Cost of living crisis will still be around for a while (inflation, interest rates, energy bills, Ukraine, …). Surely has an impact, but indeed who knows…