• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] Breguet Classique Tourbillon Extra-Plat 5367

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
That's looking very nice !

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
How thin that watch look! Really beautiful proportions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Absolutely beautiful, great work by the factory.

Looks like they used a grand feu enamel technique for the dials, which is great!

Gen sizing is 41 x 7.45mm, but this looks to be around 10mm based on the photos. I'd be curious if anyone can find the measurements (I can't find anything on google or youku at the moment).

Also, the tourbillon decoration is just the standard one, which is disappointing but its still a beautiful watch that I may purchase. The only question is, white or blue?

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Shame they went with a gold balance wheel. Also weird that on some reps they put a lot of effort into the tourbillon cage (als, rd, vc) but on others not so much. Its a nice watch and all but its not top of my to buy list.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It is so entertaining to see how the factories' marketing teams can pull off such rhetorical advertisement, in contrast to the watch they actually deliver. They only created this to fool domestic Chinese buyers with little horological knowledge.

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Looks nice !

If is not more than 10 mm thick, will get on my list

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
I agree with Dr fun socks - a piece like this would still be a great buy if its flaws were more commonplace, like some difference in position of the tourbillon... But to have the entire focal point of the watch be completely unlike the gen seems like a big waste. I'm a little bit surprised they included a picture of the gen in the advert. Probably a watch that will sell much more in the Chinese market than outside. Maybe if it does well in China they will do an update with a more accurate cage in order to try and broaden the sales volume. God knows we westerns love it when V1's become V2's, and so on.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Am i the only one who would rather the back of the watch was completely plain with no deco plate but 0.5-1.0mm thinner? If it was under 10mm im sure i would be able to get the balance plated silver or something. I just dont get the massive divide between factories making apparently complete custom movements (most roger dubuis reps) and things like this with an off the shelf seagull movement, shite decoration and absolutely no effort to make the tourbillon look nice. I dont see how they cost the same! A good portion of the fun of tourbillons is seeing an exquisite shape spinning around in a whimsical fashion. If all your tourbillons look the same its kind of pointless owning more than one.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Am i the only one who would rather the back of the watch was completely plain with no deco plate but 0.5-1.0mm thinner? If it was under 10mm im sure i would be able to get the balance plated silver or something. I just dont get the massive divide between factories making apparently complete custom movements (most roger dubuis reps) and things like this with an off the shelf seagull movement, shite decoration and absolutely no effort to make the tourbillon look nice. I dont see how they cost the same! A good portion of the fun of tourbillons is seeing an exquisite shape spinning around in a whimsical fashion. If all your tourbillons look the same its kind of pointless owning more than one.

​​​​​​Would Would be great to see JBF or BBR take a shot at this model

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Honestly, the white dial is calling to me. I wish the tourby was customized to a degree but man its still a beautiful watch to me. Once TDs post it I'll give it my final eval and likely purchase it.

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
I just saw this one on Trusty and I am really curious to see it in action.
I could warp my head around the tourbillon mismatch if they do great with the dial finish.
Hard to say, even with Trusty shoots.