• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick question about spring bars for Omega Aqua Terra rubber band

crowconut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/23
Western Europe
Hey gang,

I have a 8900 Aqua Terra rep and the stainless steel bracelet fits perfectly and is easy to swap out.

I also got the Rubber Strap as part of my order from the TD but I spent 20 mins earlier trying and failing to get one side even clipping in properly to the watch. Was very frustrating as the rubber band looks to fit perfectly.

I'm wondering if folks think I need curved spring bars for this? And that's why I can't get the band to attach.

Thanks

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Yes the spring bars need to be curved, I spent hours trying to do exactly the same, I ended up bending the springbars over a curved surface, be careful it’s only the slightest amount of bend needed, trial and error

Reactions: crowconut

crowconut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/23
Western Europe
Yes the spring bars need to be curved, I spent hours trying to do exactly the same, I ended up bending the springbars over a curved surface, be careful it’s only the slightest amount of bend needed, trial and error
Legend thank you. I actually got impatient and tried bending some spring Bars seeing a trick on YouTube about blputtting them between 2 spoons and pressing hard. Sure enough it worked!!!

Ready for Paddy's day now with my green.

Reactions: Spitfire63

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
It's actually possible to get them to eventually snap in with some force, but yeah, curved ones make the whole process a lot easier. "Self-bended" ones are sufficient as you found out... 😆

Reactions: crowconut

ryanmaile

Looking Around
19/3/23
Canada
Legend thank you. I actually got impatient and tried bending some spring Bars seeing a trick on YouTube about blputtting them between 2 spoons and pressing hard. Sure enough it worked!!!

Ready for Paddy's day now with my green.

Anyone know where to buy these rubber straps for these? I have a blue aqua terra on the way and would love a blue rubber strap.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Best quality I think is through a TD. But otherwise apparently AliExpress you can find decent ones
Exactly, the ones from Ali are mediocre, but cheap.

The VSF straps appear to have perfect stitching and look otherwise much closer to gen, but are more expensive. Unfortunately, none of the TDs I reached out to a while ago were currently able to source them separately.