• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 49 (40mm, white dial) A-21J auto from Hontwatch - PICS!

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
I had been looking for a PAM 49 for my girlfriend, but there are no more A7750 ones available anymore, and the few 21J versions I've seen have been pretty terrible. So I asked Hont for the best quality model he could find. As usual, he came through and sold me one that is better than the other 21J versions I've seen being sold by other dealers. My girlfriend loves it, and I thought I'd share some pics...

It came with the same rep PAM gator print rep strap and very nice deployant buckle that came with my much more expensive A7750 PAM reps:

PAM49_.jpg

PAM49_1.jpg

PAM49_1b.jpg

The rep strap is actually decent looking, but I mounted my favorite Panatime strap on it for a different look. The seconds subdial placement is a bit off, due to the 21J movement being used instead of the 7750, and the date font is wrong and the datewheel is sunken, too.. no surprise. Notice the crown and crown guards are actually pretty good, though:

PAM49_4.jpg

PAM49_2.jpg

PAM49_3.jpg

The case back engraving is sharp and deep and pretty accurate, unlike other 21J 40mm PAM versions.. it appears to be the same quality as the "swiss quality" A7750 versions:

PAM49_5.jpg

I also sourced a pink gator print strap from Hont, which my girlfriend is thrilled with... and here is the happy young lady showing off:

PAM49_6.jpg

This PAM 49 is definitely not as accurate as the old 7750 versions, but for $110 it's the best version out there for sure. Hope you enjoyed the pics! :)

-SA

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
One big flaw from the old A7750 049s that has been corrected is the hands length. These might even be a tick too long, but it's much better than the FAR too short hour hand of the old A7750 049s...

Enjoy it!