• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick(ish) guide to 7750 Date wheel change

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Hi, I noticed that this mod is becoming more and more popular. I've done this type of mod before (as have others) but I'll include a diagram of the movement so we know exactly what we're talking about here.

1) The usual, remove Crown & movt and place on movt holder. Re-insert Crown.

2) Set all hands to the '12' (or with chronos) the '0' position. Small seconds don't matter. Remove all hands using the correct tools..!

3) Carefully prise off the dial

4) Now you should see this
7750datewheel.jpg

Remove parts 4 and 5. Loosen parts 2 and 3, but keep light pressure on the plate, as the parts can spring off into the distance! If they do come away from the calendar plate (the steel chassis), dont panic. Just carefully remove all of parts 2 and 3, and replace the springs and levers.

6) Remove date wheel from right hand side, and put new date wheel on

7) Refit parts 2, 3 , 4 & 5! Easier said than done? Just take your time and use a very good light source. There is nothing worse than rushing and being half blind! :roll:

8 ) Set Crown to position 1 for quick-set date change to test the date action

9) If happy, replace the day wheel (if needed) and then the Dial

10) Replace all small hands as they were, and if you're happy that you didnt move the Crown in position 2, refit the large hands at '12'

11) You're nearly done! :) Set Crown to position 2 for hour setting, turn it repeatedly until the date pops to the next number. Hopefully, it should be at the stroke of midnight! If not, you might want to start again with the hands!

12) Remove Crown, clean the dial, hands & glass

13) Refit movt ring (if it moved during the mods), refit movt & screws into the case

14) Grease the O-ring (maybe even add a hint of oil to visible bearings)

15) Refit the case back and Crown

Check that all functions work as intended before tightening the caseback.
Now you should be very satisfied with your work and can enjoy your rep being even closer-looking to the real thing! 8)

BEFORE:
S5001283.jpg

AFTER:
DSC00270.jpg

S5000038.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

Reactions: Nabe_09

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
i saw one of these in person.

awesomely awesome.

I may grab a rep.

Rxus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/07
That is a very nice watch..and your tutorial made it seem extra simple. Much better allingment and font.

rei

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/06
awesome guide....the only thing that makes me hesitate is putting those subdial hands back on.

-Rei

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Thanks guys, as Pug said, http://www.cousinsuk.com Highly recommended. About £5gbp or $10 us each
Excellent comms & quick delivery.... for me in the UK, anyway :lol:

this is the page
hXXX://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?d ... 594&page=4

I also bought a few Chinese movts (& other stuff) to repair some cheap reps that I had prior to selling.

@Rei
Yeah, the subdial and large second counter are the trickiest...if in doubt, ask a capable watchsmith to do the work :)

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Any further instructions for removing the DAY indicator, the same procedure or different?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
tutima said:
Any further instructions for removing the DAY indicator, the same procedure or different?

Yes, its the same.
Once you remove the dial, the DAY wheel is there and all you do is lift it off.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Tried this yesterday.. for some reason the day/date is not “jumping”.. the wheels roll through the dates, but don’t jump like they should!
but, all in all, i was able to get the hands back on, which is a first and what I was more worried about than the date wheel change...
who knows what I did wrong...