• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

41mm DateJust

Wrist-Time

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/12
41mm DateJust arrived today for my Dad.

Short background story.
last summer, (before I was a member here) my dad bought a 36mm DateJust from some website.
Shortly after receiving it the date stopped working, so he thought he would fix it himself.
I still don't know why he did this, but he decided to open it up with a set of pliers!!!!
Needless to say he broke the crystal, scratched the head and buggered the movement.

So I decided to get him a new DateJust for his birthday, which is next week.
I showed him my No Date Sub, but he didn't like the black face.
He wanted a white face with a TT bracelet.

I think he's going to love the watch as its exactly what he was looking for. I also think the 41mm will look better on him than the 36mm he had before.

Ok here are the pics, hope you enjoy.

DateJust4_zps775ee1b2.jpg

DateJust2_zps219998b2.jpg

DateJust1_zps9ae16f8a.jpg

DateJust3_zps67aac409.jpg

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

This is really beautiful!.. Love the white dial.
...I´m sure your father will enjoy it the most, this watch is a great combo.

About the 41mm vs. 36mm, it´s a personal choice... I personally think the 36mm is more elegant and balanced than the 41mm anytime, but it depends on each one :)
...Tell me, the dial on this Datejust II is 'pure white' or 'off-white/cream'? Can´t really tell from the pics...Looks fantastic in there tho!

Congrats and hope it will be a striking gift for him!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Wrist-Time

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/12
Thanks, to be honest its more light grey than white. Maybe cream, aahh I don't know. hard to tell depending on the light.
I know what you mean regarding the the smaller 36mm.
A 36mm on my dad's large wrists looks like a ladies watch.
The 41mm would look better on him because of his large wrists.
He can't try any of my watches on that have bracelets because his shovel like hands can't fit through the opening, lol