• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quality Rep Steel Bracelet for Gen Tudor BB58?

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Hi all,

Has anyone with a gen Tudor Black Bay 58 manage to source a good quality rep steel bracelet that fits?

ive contacted a few vendors of Rep BB58 watches and whilst they were willing to sell me just the bracelet, they were unable to guarantee it would fit the gen watch.

If there is anyone out there that has managed to source a good quality Rep bracelet and has first hand knowledge that this fits the gen watch head/lugs it would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction. I don’t want to have to buy a whole Rep watch just to get the bracelet though.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: axel.gold

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA
While not exactly what you're looking for, Raffles sells these 20mm Submariner rep bracelets with they claim fits the BB58; I think you have to use your own endlinks though. It would have the Rolex crown on the clasp but will not have the Rivets. May be worth considering, and additionally will add that vintage feel where you have the Tudor Shield with the Rolex parts. For about USD $48, worth a consideration or at least reaching out to Raffles to clarify.

http://rafflesdials.com/20mm-solid-...or-16610-or-16800-or-tudor-black-bay-58-case/

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
While not exactly what you're looking for, Raffles sells these 20mm Submariner rep bracelets with they claim fits the BB58; I think you have to use your own endlinks though. It would have the Rolex crown on the clasp but will not have the Rivets. May be worth considering, and additionally will add that vintage feel where you have the Tudor Shield with the Rolex parts. For about USD $48, worth a consideration or at least reaching out to Raffles to clarify.

http://rafflesdials.com/20mm-solid-...or-16610-or-16800-or-tudor-black-bay-58-case/

whilst I really appreciate your response, firstly, I wouldn’t even know where to get the endlinks from but I am really am after as close to the Tudor original as possible . Out of the 4 vendors I’ve contacted, three have each said they don’t know if their rep bracelet will fit the gen watch, which is strange since they advertise 1:1 copies.

im waiting for the last guy to get back to me as his watch is twice the cost of the others and therefore maybe more accurate. Otherwise I’ll just order One and get a file out.

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA
I get what you mean. That Raffles link was a dud. BUUUUT, Strap Code has generic (no brand markings) steel bracelets. $100ish...but these were made for Gen owners so it seems legit. I don't have a 58 (yet) so I'm intrigued as well. Sorry I can't be of help but want to see this through!

https://www.strapcode.com/collections/for-bb-fifty-eight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
im waiting for the last guy to get back to me as his watch is twice the cost of the others and therefore maybe more accurate. Otherwise I’ll just order One and get a file out.

SUCCESS!! (I think). The last guy got back to me and seems to be actually standing by his claim that the reps are 1:1 copies by saying all parts should be 100% interchangeable with the gen watch, including the bracelet.
https://www.allswisswatch.eu/swiss-r...ica-watch.html
Best of all, he is willing to sell me just the bracelet for $150US so I don’t end up with a rep watch I don’t need or want. Given that Tudor wants $900US in my location and will take 3-6 months to get me one, I think I’m going to go with the rep while I wait for Tudor to come through.

it will take 3 or 4 weeks to get to me so I’ll report back just in case there is anyone else in need of this.

Last edited:

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
I get what you mean. That Raffles link was a dud. BUUUUT, Strap Code has generic (no brand markings) steel bracelets. $100ish...but these were made for Gen owners so it seems legit. I don't have a 58 (yet) so I'm intrigued as well. Sorry I can't be of help but want to see this through!

https://www.strapcode.com/collections/for-bb-fifty-eight

Strapcode are Ok. Only just ok and then only in certain circumstances and I am a four time customer. Here’s my take on them:

1. A common issue across all of their bracelets is acceptable (barely) finishing. Whilst they tend to finish high-touch areas a bit more, expect edges which are almost sharp enough to cut in others.
2. Their clasps, whilst almost all milled instead of stamped are not very good quality and can be quiet unnecessarily bulky and roughly finished.

The best way I can describe it for you is that they will make an affordable (~$400) watch feel more premium but they will seriously cheapen a more expensive watch (>$1,000).

Hate the light weight bracelet and pressed steel clasp on your Seiko SKX or Turtle? The strapcode bracelet will make it feel like a way more premium watch, but put this bracelet on anything over $1k and it will disappoint you.

‘Hope this helps, and I’ll keep you posted about my replica BB58 bracelet.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
SUCCESS!! (I think). The last guy got back to me and seems to be actually standing by his claim that the reps are 1:1 copies by saying all parts should be 100% interchangeable with the gen watch, including the bracelet.
https://www.allswisswatch.eu/swiss-r...ica-watch.html
Best of all, he is willing to sell me just the bracelet for $150US so I don’t end up with a rep watch I don’t need or want. Given that Tudor wants $900US in my location and will take 3-6 months to get me one, I think I’m going to go with the rep while I wait for Tudor to come through.

it will take 3 or 4 weeks to get to me so I’ll report back just in case there is anyone else in need of this.

That's a scam website

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Yes. Stick to the thrusted dealers from here. Intime is one of them, just check you have the right url.

Reactions: RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Yes. Stick to the thrusted dealers from here. Intime is one of them, just check you have the right url.

Heska, thank you so much for your advice here - I am already in discussion with Ryan. I’m just a noob :p

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Well, I got some pics and the bracelet looks good so I went ahead and ordered for $85 plus delivery, which is less than Strapcode.

‘Ironically through a very long story my gen BB58 on the fabric strap got swapped out to the steel bracelet.

My plan now is if the replica is of sufficient quality, I will put my gen bracelet back in the box to preserve it and just use the replica. I now also have the benefit of having endlinks which fit, so if the rep ones don’t I can marry the gen end links with rep bracelet. If I sell this watch I then have a pretty much pristine bracelet.

Very convoluted.

ace.lala.7

Horology Curious
9/11/14
Well, I got some pics and the bracelet looks good so I went ahead and ordered for $85 plus delivery, which is less than Strapcode.

‘Ironically through a very long story my gen BB58 on the fabric strap got swapped out to the steel bracelet.

My plan now is if the replica is of sufficient quality, I will put my gen bracelet back in the box to preserve it and just use the replica. I now also have the benefit of having endlinks which fit, so if the rep ones don’t I can marry the gen end links with rep bracelet. If I sell this watch I then have a pretty much pristine bracelet.

Very convoluted.

Do update here again whether the rep bracelet fits on the gen bb58. Thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks!

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States

Very convoluted.

Yes let us know how it goes.

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Rep bracelet fit gen watch perfectly.
ZQyCGv.jpg

Last edited:

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
Rep bracelet fit gen watch perfectly.
ZQyCGv.jpg
To add to this info, i just succesfully added, without any issue, the half link from Uncleseiko, on a rep BB58 bracelet from ZF. Now i am wondering, would a OEM bb58 fabric strap fit the rep case. Does anyone have any experience with this?