• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QCs New PPF 5712 Clone

Jaysn0w

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/22
Did the first batch go to the people who pre-ordered first?

And if I order now, there will be no guarantee that I get my watch for the second batch, right?

I am hoping for PPF to update the 5726 tho...

I asked puretime.. if you bought one now it would arrive end of june (2nd batch) as for what it would look/qc we will have to wait for the actual unit to arrive them

Reactions: Pipicu

Jaysn0w

9/6/22
Brown rusted pinion ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhh.. really? From the qc pics? Actual 5712 has like a brass brown post pinion on.. (check pp website) .. it does look "rust" type

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Ohhh.. really? From the qc pics? Actual 5712 has like a brass brown post pinion on.. (check pp website) .. it does look "rust" type

3c4756374bed7585894389a7f735db22.jpg

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Not sure what that's supposed to prove. There are gen with and without brass pinion:

It’s totally different. Gen is a lightly brass colored capped pinion. Rep is a rusted hole.

Pipicu

Supporter
Certified
2/6/22
Germany
I asked puretime.. if you bought one now it would arrive end of june (2nd batch) as for what it would look/qc we will have to wait for the actual unit to arrive them

Thanks for asking. But i think i will wait for 2nd batch QC's and probably pull the trigger on the 3rd batch then.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
If the factory claims they used a gen 5712 to make the dial, why would they not copy the 5 and 7 o'clock dots and make them larger like on the gen dial? Also, the "rusty pinion" issue is clearly evident as in if they were to have the gen 5712 in hand clearly they would have noticed that as well since the pictures of the gen a few pages back does not have those rusty pinions.

In my o-"pinion" this V2 looks like a slight improvement over V1, mainly because of the clone movement. However, the dial color remains to be seen with good pictures hopefully taken right next to a V1.

Watyouseek

15/4/21
I should received mine in a couple of days maybe ? Unless the shipping is false, currently states that it’s “Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item -> Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 12:11 pm on June 17, 2022 . This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date”. I can post some irl pics

Reactions: grillbrill

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If the factory claims they used a gen 5712 to make the dial, why would they not copy the 5 and 7 o'clock dots and make them larger like on the gen dial? Also, the "rusty pinion" issue is clearly evident as in if they were to have the gen 5712 in hand clearly they would have noticed that as well since the pictures of the gen a few pages back does not have those rusty pinions.

In my o-"pinion" this V2 looks like a slight improvement over V1, mainly because of the clone movement. However, the dial color remains to be seen with good pictures hopefully taken right next to a V1.

I think the point is that there are many gens variants.

Some with big dots, some with small, some rustier than others, some with sun burst dial, some with flat purple dial etc lol. Who knows what gen parts factory copied.

Either way there probably isn’t a right or wrong here....as long as the overall quality is nice and the watch “pops”

Im always skeptical when someone posts a random gen pic and claims to have identified flaws on the rep. Have been here way too long to realise that half the flaws are gen variations, which can’t be proved otherwise

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

Some with big dots, some with small, some rustier than others, some with sun burst dial, some with flat purple dial etc lol. Who knows what gen parts factory copied.

Either way there probably isn’t a right or wrong here....as long as the overall quality is nice and the watch “pops”

Im always skeptical when someone posts a random gen pic and claims to have identified flaws on the rep. Have been here way too long to realise that half the flaws are gen variations, which can’t be proved otherwise

The voice of reason. Thank you sir.

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic

Perfect summary!

I'm still amazed they have even been able to replicate this movement for a fraction of the cost. Ignoring any potential (minute) disparities from gen all that matters to me is that the build quality and finishing are good and the movement is reliable. The quality of the watch versus what they cost is insanely good value imo, the quality of reps on offer at the moment is incredible.

PPF have shown with there recent reps that they are very capable of creating a great quality rep ad I don't doubt it'll be more of the same with this one. I for one am incredibly excited to receive mine, and that's after owning the previous version and selling it lol

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Looks like a piece of lint on the print.

Reactions: kombazz