• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QCs New PPF 5712 Clone

thats_not_funny_guys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
I am going to place an order tomorrow based off these actually. All the current pictures from patek’s website match the color as well. The pinions seem off though, concave instead of convex, but even patek’s website has different versions with both silver and bronzed colored pinions. Hands seem to have the same greenish hue. Looks pretty good actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
If these are what the new ones look like, the PPF dial looks spot on.

Interesting.... you might be right

My genuine was bought from A.D. in 2017 so very possible the dial has changed, I have not seen any new ones in person.

asterion

Looking Around
17/8/18
Hello. I have ordered one as well. MY QC pics look pretty much the same as other members have posted, with different number. I agree the dial is not as nice as V1, but what really bothers me is the moonphase blue hue. Its really much lighter than the dial and that bothers me, it just doesn't look right :(

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
The hands pinon is really a down grade. The power and moon hands have the cap loke gen on v1. Now its just a hole with brown pinon. Why cant they just get things perfect.
now the moonphase is a very good update. The cut out is closer to gen now

Reactions: Heisenberg

SimoneC71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/22
The V2 seems to have much greener hands and hour markers. In V1 the luminescence treatment that is present on the gen is barely perceptible. It would be interesting to compare with a gen.

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Looks pretty nice yet purplish.

I don't know how PP changed their dial through out the production but overall looks good.

For the movement, I don't think anyone can compare unless they have an actual gen next to it.

Reactions: Neo_7

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
And hands lume is matching markers lume, what more can we ask for ? :D

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Imo the new dial is great and even the number 1 is corrected, it has the right distance from number 31 and not like it was at v1 dial

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

RxJP

Horology Curious
5/6/22
USA
Has anyone asked for a lug-to-lug measurement including the first end-links that may not bend fully on a skinny wrist?

And also noticed, the Moonphase dial sits further back from the cutout in the face than the Gen which looks like the disk is almost flush with the face cutout…. Or am I just letting the shadows play tricks with my eyes?