• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QCs New PPF 5712 Clone

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
So Bilibili is the new goto? Is it only the price that is better?
learn some Chinese and go to Bilibili, you will find lots of good dealers there.
Been dealing with mine for half year and very satisfied, price much better than "TDs"

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
So Bilibili is the new goto? Is it only the price that is better?
Bilibili is a video website like youtube, lots of watch dealer post rep review/ads on it, you can find local dealer through this way.
Well all the trades are the same, so I don't see any factor other than prices.

Reactions: DrGran

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I'm waiting to buy the version with bigger dots at 25 and 35

IMO the current examples are an instant tell from across the table

I realised I'm wrong. There are gen pieces without bold dots at 25 and 35 too

Mazzantini

Horology Curious
30/1/16
zoMNi3.jpg

zoM4vF.jpg

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Last edited:

RxJP

Horology Curious
5/6/22
USA
learn some Chinese and go to Bilibili, you will find lots of good dealers there.
Been dealing with mine for half year and very satisfied, price much better than "TDs"
Any good guides to doing this? I've tried google translate and found a couple good videos, but how do I make contact with these dealers and/or their websites?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Any good guides to doing this? I've tried google translate and found a couple good videos, but how do I make contact with these dealers and/or their websites?
Sometimes they show their WeChat contact data in their video.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Man before you go and order directly with Chinese dealers that haven't been vetted in a language that you don't speak to save a few bucks, maybe you want to read about the gives and gets of ordering with trusted dealers and the support you get Vs. non TD. With the latter, if something goes wrong you're on your own (lost watch, wrong watch, movement DOA etc.). There's a reason they charge more than some other dealers

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

It depends on the lighting

the hue is off on v1 (excess green) but the fade/starburst is pretty good. The v2 look more flat in photos but will have to compare side by side in real lighting conditions to know.

while not perfectly accurate, the v1 dial definitely looks gorgeous.
How do they compare, the overall feel in case and movement? Anything that stands out in positive or negative remarks?

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
Man before you go and order directly with Chinese dealers that haven't been vetted in a language that you don't speak to save a few bucks, maybe you want to read about the gives and gets of ordering with trusted dealers and the support you get Vs. non TD. With the latter, if something goes wrong you're on your own (lost watch, wrong watch, movement DOA etc.). There's a reason they charge more than some other dealers
The idea that TDs are more trustworthy than local dealers are hilarious...
To the least extent they are the same, just some middleman for a simple logistic business.
I never purchased from TDs but I see they ship out the package from China too, so I don't see the difference, just TDs can speak English.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
To the least extent they are the same, just some middleman for a simple logistic business.
I never purchased from TDs but I see they ship out the package from China too, so I don't see the difference, just TDs can speak English.
RWI TDs may offer the following:
- English communication
- various payment methods
- detailed HQ QC pics and videos
- WYSIWYG
- warranty
- a shipping method for avoiding customs issues
- partial or total refund in case of failure or seizure of the watch

Reactions: Mark1937

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
RWI TDs may offer the following:
- English communication
- various payment methods
- detailed HQ QC pics and videos
- WYSIWYG
- warranty
- a shipping method for avoiding customs issues
- partial or total refund in case of failure or seizure of the watch
I see, very peaceful here and share my own experience with local dealer:

- English communication : I know Chinese but wechat translation also solve 80% of the problem
- various payment methods: My dealer accept paypal and crypto
- detailed HQ QC pics and videos: every dealer does that
- WYSIWYG: can't gurarntee but never been scammed
- warranty: all local dealer accept after service, as long as you can manage to send the watch back to China.
- a shipping method for avoiding customs issues: As long as you don't require gen-like packaging, no custom problem experienced.
- partial or total refund in case of failure or seizure of the watch: With local dealer you can exchange one working watch, not sure if you can get refund.

Keylog74

14/6/13
So you're saying that a random seller on Chinese platforms is the same as a TD on this forum vetted by staff and thousands of members?

Please don't make these bold statements as new users will come and read it without single research and take it for granted. The result of that would be as usual: They will buy from a whoever site that says 1:1 swiss Chinese.... (insert bs here) then come to complain that they got scammed either by someone who doesn't exist or some copycat of trusted sources here.

Tobel

6/7/17
I see, very peaceful here and share my own experience with local dealer:

- English communication : I know Chinese but wechat translation also solve 80% of the problem
- various payment methods: My dealer accept paypal and crypto
- detailed HQ QC pics and videos: every dealer does that
- WYSIWYG: can't gurarntee but never been scammed
- warranty: all local dealer accept after service, as long as you can manage to send the watch back to China.
- a shipping method for avoiding customs issues: As long as you don't require gen-like packaging, no custom problem experienced.
- partial or total refund in case of failure or seizure of the watch: With local dealer you can exchange one working watch, not sure if you can get refund.
But you don't get RWI's satff support to handle any escalation or dispute.

I'm glad you're happy with the services of your dealer, but it's not because you don't see it that there is no difference with a TD. My point was go and educate yourself about these differences. Once you understand them then you (and other new members as mentioned above) can make your educated decision.but let's compare apples to apples and avoid risking misleading others

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
So you're saying that a random seller on Chinese platforms is the same as a TD on this forum vetted by staff and thousands of members?

Please don't make these bold statements as new users will come and read it without single research and take it for granted. The result of that would be as usual: They will buy from a whoever site that says 1:1 swiss Chinese.... (insert bs here) then come to complain that they got scammed either by someone who doesn't exist or some copycat of trusted sources here.
Ok I got what you guys mean, my bad.
Only if you are able to source and evalute Chinese information yourself, otherwise the markup from TDs is worth saving your time and risk.