• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretimewatch has Noob Daytona's in stock - Huh!

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
I thought these had gone with the Dodo ...
Or is this another factory cashing in on the name?

Has there been any news on this? Can't really find much.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
There was a posting somewhere either here or reddit that mentioned NOOB is rising from the dead. The question of course whether it is the old noob or someone just pickup the name. After all, rep factory name is not trademarked.

Reactions: man5on90

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I have the feeling that Noob's name got used by different crews already in the past, reuse of the "brand" today would not be a surprise is it ?

Reactions: man5on90

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
that link is dead....Tried 3 different browsers,,,gettng security/error messages
sure is...that's VERY new.

there is another website (probably from the same person) with similar views - but i don't have it in front of me- ill post it when i do.

In essence, she seems to be a Chinese citizen that remarks on the state of the factories and their watch releases. The link in question was talking about the fact that the current NOOB factory has no relation to the famous NOOB of old- that factory is gone and will never be back.

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
I did a pic comparison between the BTF & this Noob in regard to the 116508 Daytona.
I found the dial and bezel on the BTF to be far more gen like than Noob. I wasn't that impressed by it.
Although their meteor dial 116519 is interesting.