• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

problems with my order, seeking help.

asian_k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/15
Dear RWI, I am more the silent member since 2015. I was originally active on the German forum Zeitgeist.
Some discloser before I start, right now I am located in Korea and Hont and I agreed, that I would publish a detailed review on a Korean site called naver (like google for korea) and make instructions for non English speaking Koreans on how to order from hont.

So here is the timeline:
5th of September - showed him what watch I want. (in this case the Datejust 41mm from clean)
got a quick answer and he send me the information for my payment.

6th of September - Paid and send him the screenshots of the transaction. (468 Euro at this time)

7th of September - My payment got confirmed. I got instruction to send him a mail, altogether with my shipping address and corresponding phone number.
QC should take 3-7 days.

< texted him once a week for any updates, got told clean operates really slow at the moment. I was okay with it. hence one message every week.>

24th of September - I got finally the QC and watch looked fine. would have preferred V2 but Hont told me it looks fine in his eyes.

25th of September - I gave him the ok, to ship the package.
I was sent an AliExpress link, and asked to buy a certain product.
Ordered and paid straight away.

26th of September - Hont gave me the tracking information.

5th of October - got the message that my package arrived.

Hont did ask me to make an unboxing video for the review before the package arrived and I did.
I was planning on editing the audio so pardon me for that, anyway the package was empty when I opened it.

I send hont a message to let him know what exactly happened and I thought to work it out somehow. Call the post office, or customs.
But right away I got accused of lying and later been told that I look Indian? I wasn't planning to publish anything negativ concerning hont, because its bad for his business and I understand that. Furthermore I was supposed to give him at least some traffic from korea.

To be honest I am emotionally really angry at this moment of this post, but I tried to write down what happened as neutral as possible.
Not sure how RWI could really help me here but I wanted to show the other side of the business, when deals don't go as planned.
And I am not only angry about hont, but also at me for not really paying much attention.
Guess I was just to excited to get the new watch.

Videos: here (I will delete this video in few days)

Screenshot of our conversation:

Any advice for me? Thank you for taking the time to go thru this post.

asian_k

16/4/15
I forgot to mention, that Hont was willing to send me a Montblanc Pen for the review. (Its already shipped, and I will still post on never how to order from him. promise is promise.) But I won't include a review on this one.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
"When I meeet bad man I always want to fuck them" God this guy is sooo sexy.

The black foam pouch had previously been opened and there was something inside, you can see indents in the foam.

Why would you film as you're walking down the street ?

asian_k

16/4/15
"When I meeet bad man I always want to fuck them" God this guy is sooo sexy.

The black foam pouch had previously been opened and there was something inside, you can see indents in the foam.

Why would you film as you're walking down the street ?
I was at the entrance of the apartment. No matter how I filmed it would look suspicious 🤨.
And yes, I have no doubt it was opened before. I never assumed he would send an empty package.

hontwatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/12/06
Dear RWI, I am more the silent member since 2015. I was originally active on the German forum Zeitgeist.
Some discloser before I start, right now I am located in Korea and Hont and I agreed, that I would publish a detailed review on a Korean site called naver (like google for korea) and make instructions for non English speaking Koreans on how to order from hont.

So here is the timeline:
5th of September - showed him what watch I want. (in this case the Datejust 41mm from clean)
got a quick answer and he send me the information for my payment.

6th of September - Paid and send him the screenshots of the transaction. (468 Euro at this time)

7th of September - My payment got confirmed. I got instruction to send him a mail, altogether with my shipping address and corresponding phone number.
QC should take 3-7 days.

< texted him once a week for any updates, got told clean operates really slow at the moment. I was okay with it. hence one message every week.>

24th of September - I got finally the QC and watch looked fine. would have preferred V2 but Hont told me it looks fine in his eyes.

25th of September - I gave him the ok, to ship the package.
I was sent an AliExpress link, and asked to buy a certain product.
Ordered and paid straight away.

26th of September - Hont gave me the tracking information.

5th of October - got the message that my package arrived.

Hont did ask me to make an unboxing video for the review before the package arrived and I did.
I was planning on editing the audio so pardon me for that, anyway the package was empty when I opened it.

I send hont a message to let him know what exactly happened and I thought to work it out somehow. Call the post office, or customs.
But right away I got accused of lying and later been told that I look Indian? I wasn't planning to publish anything negativ concerning hont, because its bad for his business and I understand that. Furthermore I was supposed to give him at least some traffic from korea.

To be honest I am emotionally really angry at this moment of this post, but I tried to write down what happened as neutral as possible.
Not sure how RWI could really help me here but I wanted to show the other side of the business, when deals don't go as planned.
And I am not only angry about hont, but also at me for not really paying much attention.
Guess I was just to excited to get the new watch.

Videos: here (I will delete this video in few days)

Screenshot of our conversation:

Any advice for me? Thank you for taking the time to go thru this post.
so can you show the video here ?

asian_k

16/4/15
so can you show the video here ?
It is included in the post. Talking to you is like talking to a wall at this point 😔.

I asked for an investigation of the package.
Could the moderator just convince him to start an proper investigation of the package…

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Could the moderator just convince him to start an proper investigation of the package…

Investigate what exactly ? No mail service in the world is going to show any interest in investigating a package that you found in the hall outside your door and that was later found to be empty.

Parcel thieves can be divided into 2 categories: Employees who have direct access to parcels - postal workers, Customs staff. if they steal the contents they cut the parcel open, remove the contents and allow it to continue it's journey. That way the parcel shows as being delivered and there is no investigation into the theft and no trail or clues.
Second category: Opportunists , someone passing by, a neighbor etc. They don't open the parcel, remove the contents then seal it back up because they don't have the time, they just steal the parcel and open it later.

Reactions: TESLA760

asian_k

16/4/15
Investigate what exactly ? No mail service in the world is going to show any interest in investigating a package that you found in the hall outside your door and that was later found to be empty.

Parcel thieves can be divided into 2 categories: Employees who have direct access to parcels - postal workers, Customs staff. if they steal the contents they cut the parcel open, remove the contents and allow it to continue it's journey. That way the parcel shows as being delivered and there is no investigation into the theft and no trail or clues.
Second category: Opportunists , someone passing by, a neighbor etc. They don't open the parcel, remove the contents then seal it back up because they don't have the time, they just steal the parcel and open it later.
Then should I just take the loss ?
Placing the parcel outside of the hall door in korea is a normal procedure btw.

Cosmic420

26/10/17
Placing the parcel outside of the hall door in korea is a normal procedure btw.

Damn I’m sorry to see you went through this bullshit. No doubt a postal worker stole it along the way :(( perhaps at customs where they open packages regularly.

Chee284868

14/12/22
EU
Is this kind of communication from hont common? Because it sure sounds horrific the way he reacts.
@asian_k did you just take the loss in the end?

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Can we see the video to discover at least some part(s) of the truth?

Apparently it has been removed?