• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

problem with AP ROO sec@12

moric

Horology Curious
6/3/09
Hi all,

I have purchease my first rep: an AP ROO with black dial and movement asian 7750 with seconds running @12.
The watch is amazing and is like the gen, but I have a problem with the movement:
if I wear it, it stop and I have to recharge it from the crown (yesterday I have to recharge it 4 times in 2-3 hours :twisted: :twisted: ).
Instead if I put it on a table and I don't touch it, it work properly for many hours.
what's gonna be the problem?
Thanks for the answer..... :wink: :wink:
p.s. here a photo of the watch.... I thinks is very good... do you think so?
DSC00541.jpg

pzissimos

Known Member
20/9/06
I absolutely love this watch but have heard so much about the problems with the secs at 12 that until it gets better, wont make the purchase.

Good Luck! Pete :D

Francisco

23/12/07
Probably your watch is loosing the power reserve when the rotor rotates. One of the springs is not well assembled.

Try the following. Remove the rotor (very easy task) and wear the watch. If the movement does not loose the power reserve we know where is the problem.

On the other hand.... return the watch if it is guarantee period...it is not an easy repair.

Francisco.

lovereps

Known Member
4/8/08
I have 3 of these and so far no problems with the movements! I really haven't seen a major complaints about the sec@12 Movement!
3someroomod.jpg

Some Diving shots:
p2100029nu1.jpg

Under Water pose:
p2100167hl9.jpg

Sailing:
dsc0244ac1.jpg

See, these watches could stand the extremes!

Try Francisco's recommendation,he knows what he's talking about! If not, return it, it's too early to have a problem!

BTW: When you're not wearing it, give the movement a rest and stop the watch by pulling out the crown all the way to the last click!
Good luck!

pzissimos

Known Member
20/9/06
@lovereps: I want one so bad at I had seen some threads that they had issues.... Thanks for alleviating my fears.

@francisco: Does any one service these?

moric

Horology Curious
6/3/09
Francisco said:
Probably your watch is loosing the power reserve when the rotor rotates. One of the springs is not well assembled.

Try the following. Remove the rotor (very easy task) and wear the watch. If the movement does not loose the power reserve we know where is the problem.

On the other hand.... return the watch if it is guarantee period...it is not an easy repair.

Francisco.
Francisco thanks for your solution.
unfortunately I'm not expert in watch's movement and I don't know how to do this...
can U explain?
I have try to remove the caseback and the rotor turn slow(only 1 turn) if a push it. have it to turn slow, or have it to turn fast (2 o 3 turn)?

@lovereps: very much compliments for your ROO. how do you recharge them? I put the crown at first step and turn it clockwise for 10-12 times... after I have to move it because it doesn't start...

Francisco

23/12/07
moric said:
Francisco said:

Francisco.
Francisco thanks for your solution.
unfortunately I'm not expert in watch's movement and I don't know how to do this...
can U explain?
I have try to remove the caseback and the rotor turn slow(only 1 turn) if a push it. have it to turn slow, or have it to turn fast (2 o 3 turn)?

@lovereps: very much compliments for your ROO. how do you recharge them? I put the crown at first step and turn it clockwise for 10-12 times... after I have to move it because it doesn't start...

If you have problems to remove the rotor...just return the watch or send it to a watch maker. Probably the solution is not difficult..however...you must not make your first works in such an expensive watch.

Francisco.