• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post Pandemic Sitrep

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Having replied to a few enquiries from members asking as to why I have been 'quiet' I thought a similar update here would be prudent.

Though I'm not given to 'tales of woe' a potted history will help lend insight:

Up until mid-March this year I had been trapped in the UK by pandemic-induced travel restrictions. I had in fact bailed out of Thailand as soon as I was declared 'fit to fly' after a spell in hospital I.C.U. following a traffic accident (rear-ended and blown along the tarmac by of all things a 'first time' French tourist who had just naively decided to dip his toes into the challenges of Thai traffic - bless him
angry.gif
) - All of which meant I arrived in the UK just days in front of the following 'horns' of the pandemic back in March 2020.

The ensuing nightmare of deaths, lost friends etc was amplified by the misery of postal shutdowns as well as worldwide physical restrictions. Though at that time back in Thailand the pandemic was comparatively little evident, without shipping availability I could do nothing with the stock I had left there.

Eventually, the postal services resumed and things limped along rep-wise with a small turnover catering to what has been and to an extent still is a muted world. Throughout, I staunchly adhered to my enduring policy of no drop shipping and only selling from actual stock in hand (having been selected/chosen in person) - which by it's very nature severely restricted any ability to do more than just sell from what I had in hand in Thailand when misfortune struck.

Thus followed the ensuing two years of holding things together whilst still subjected to unrelenting overheads and expenses on two continents.

Oh, and to add to the merriment fate dealt me a resounding dose of Covid (thrown into my mix of existing health care woes) too!
rolleyesCAFQE6NG.gif

Anyhow, borders eventually opened, some governmental idiocy abated and I finally got back out East this March. To be honest, the whole supply chain is now disjointed and problematic, which will inevitably resolve itself at some stage - but not I think in the short term.

I did though manage to secure some 'gems' whilst there and successfully sent out a few tranches of bulk emails to get the word out.