• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Possible VR3135 Movement from eBay

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Okay, I received this movement from a seller on eBay yesterday. There are several sellers offering the same movement. Is it a VR movement?

I has the metal date change finger, the KIF shock springs, apparently coated reversing wheels, and the finish is outstanding (iphone pics do not do it justice.

I haven't checked to see if it has banking pins. The autowind module seems to be well done.

Oh, and it also appears to have a blue hairspring, which means absolutely nothing. It would not be parachrom.

I is running cleanly OOTB, with almost 0 noise from the pallet. It was running with 0 beat error. The amp is lower than I would have liked. I have seen 274 dial high. Like the Yukis, if you move it out of dial high the amp drops into the 240s or 230s. Don't like that number. It appears to be fairly clean and well-oiled. I have attached a TimeGrapher pic of the movement running right out of the bag. It had some wind on it and I put some more. BTW...I paid $166. for it. It came from Hong Kong, in about 3 weeks with 0 postage.

Question, if you have a movement running like this OOTB, do you service it immediately, or run it awhile and see how it goes.
5zaOY.jpg
5zWjs.jpg
5zmJk.jpg
5zikD.jpg

Last edited:

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
do you service it immediately, or run it awhile and see how it goes.

First of all, thank you- I did not know that the new VR3185 movement was available for sale so readily. That makes me a lot more confident tearing into mine to service it. I would suggest going over it with a fine toothed comb. I assume you would not be servicing it yourself, otherwise there likely would be no question. It's never a bad idea to service it- even running the way it is, it could be bone dry and it would behoove you to clean and lube it properly. In my experience, every clone I've received from China has been dirty and dry- but even if they did lube it... do you think they are using 9010, D5, etc? I've read people suggesting they use straight up motor oil lol. I guess it's better than nothing- but not much. A proper service and lubrication would yield possibly better amp results, but also peace of mind that there's no gunk in there and that it's protected from a lubrication standpoint. Of course, if you're having it done and the cost is ~$160... is it worth it when you can just buy another for that price? Weigh the options, I guess.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Okay, I received this movement from a seller on eBay yesterday. There are several sellers offering the same movement. Is it a VR movement?

I has the metal date change finger, the KIF shock springs, apparently coated reversing wheels, and the finish is outstanding (iphone pics do not do it justice.

I haven't checked to see if it has banking pins. The autowind module seems to be well done.

Oh, and it also appears to have a blue hairspring, which means absolutely nothing. It would not be parachrom.

I is running cleanly OOTB, with almost 0 noise from the pallet. It was running with 0 beat error. The amp is lower than I would have liked. I have seen 274 dial high. Like the Yukis, if you move it out of dial high the amp drops into the 240s or 230s. Don't like that number. It appears to be fairly clean and well-oiled. I have attached a TimeGrapher pic of the movement running right out of the bag. It had some wind on it and I put some more. BTW...I paid $166. for it. It came from Hong Kong, in about 3 weeks with 0 postage.

Question, if you have a movement running like this OOTB, do you service it immediately, or run it awhile and see how it goes.
5zaOY.jpg
5zWjs.jpg
5zmJk.jpg
5zikD.jpg

Wear it as is look at the amplitude!! Rolex 3135 runs just over 270 your just under that VR is getting great thrust!

cheers!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
anyone knows whats the hand on the date side for?
It allows the movement to be used as a Ouija board. The datewheel is assigned the alphabet from 1 to 26, "Yes" on 27, "No" on 28, "Maybe" on 29, "Could you repeat the question" on 30 and "I place a curse on you and you will all die in horrible freak accidents" on 31.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It allows the movement to be used as a Ouija board. The datewheel is assigned the alphabet from 1 to 26, "Yes" on 27, "No" on 28, "Maybe" on 29, "Could you repeat the question" on 30 and "I place a curse on you and you will all die in horrible freak accidents" on 31.

20191130_1317435a0756d09291ce0d.gif