• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Porsche Design Orfina

glazuna

Looking Around
26/4/22
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum and in search of this replica, if any of you know where I could get one.
A beautiful watch made famous by the movie Top Gun. Since it's getting featured in the upcoming sequel next month, I suspect there will be interest for it.

I've found this page but it's most likely a scam:
https://www.hotwatchsreplica.com/Por...r3q7p5n7u.html

jVLLgL.jpg

jVL5mR.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: leochicarella

glazuna

Looking Around
26/4/22
Can anyone get in touch with a factory that would produce it? Even Dan Henry's replica of this watch (Dan Henry 1972 Maverick chronograph), which was produced only in 1972 pieces and is all sold out now, manages to get over $1000 on used market. It really needs a good clone this one :)

glazuna

Looking Around
26/4/22
Also some details:
Orfina Porsche Design was available with two movements -

first with the Lemania 5100 (Ref. 7176s) and later with the Valjoux / ETA 7750.

The Lemania 5100 has a subdial with a 24-hour display are generally somewhat more expensive - both in terms of purchasing and revising the movement. Also the large "pointed" hand on the 5100 is different to the "square" end of the 7750

Every free watchmaker should be able to repair the Valjoux / ETA 7750 almost at a fair price.

Depending on the variant and year of production, these watches have different logos on the dial, the case back, the clasp and the crown. A distinction is made here between the Orfina lettering on the dial in combination with the "Orfina flame" on the crown, bottom and clasp - and the uniformly used "PD logo", which stands for "Porsche Design"

If production of the replica starts, it would make most sense to orient on 7176s (early model).

WatchLover007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/21
EU
There are some watches on ebay with the exact same case and bracelet. All you need to do is find the orfina’s dial and you’re good to go.

WatchLover007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/21
EU
Hi! So, to follow up on my suggestion: go to eBay and search for:
1. Bund Military wristwatch 7750
2. Lorsa Military 7750
3. Or just: PVD 7750 chrono.

Then all you need is gen dial, just make aure it’s a later version, because later versions of the gen watch used ETA/Valjoux 7750, while the older versions (like the one in Top Gun) used Lemania 5100.

If you want to spend some more, Heuer also made practically the same watch.

Reactions: Blackpool1978