• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

please be aware of This

dmuit

Renowned Member
Vendor (Watch Repair)
18/4/09
Dear customers,
I have seen a post from Vaccum and with his agreement I took over his statements because I am facing the same problems regarding replica watches, modding and services.

You own a replica watch and it was built with low quality control and specs will vary from watch to watch, PERIOD.

If you saw another watch similar to yours with mods and or work or service done, it does not mean it can be done on yours. All reps are different, PERIOD.

NOT all rep movements can be repaired and the only way to find out is taking it apart and inspecting. Sometimes everything looks "OK" but after service you will still find out that the movement is not working correctly and or new issues will appear. This is very rare but it happens.
Once I have serviced the movement, I WILL NOT refund any money for the service because the movement is not working properly. I have invested my time and effort already.
I will work with you to find a solution, but NOT at my cost.

You bought a rep watch knowing it will have issues with quality control, movements from china are always dirty, over oiled or NO oil at all. Movement Parts are fabricated to very low standards and they vary a lot from watch to watch.

If you buy a watch with the a7750 movement and seconds @12 or sec @ 6, get ready....
The basic movement is decent (still needs service etc) but the modified plates, gears and wheels to make it work like the real seconds @12 movement or @6 is NOT the best.
I have serviced a lot of these movements and I know what I am talking about. I have tried lots of methods and I finally found a way of a working solution which I can apply on sec @12 and sec @ 6. This is only working together with a service of the a7750. It makes no sense to do the mod and next week the movement will stop.
I own the best tools for the trade and only use oils and grease by the ETA charts. I have invested a lot of money in my tools.
Why seconds and subdial hands on your a7750/53 does not "sweep" and or reset to "0" all the time?

Well let me tell you again that this is due to poor part fabrication from your factory. Gears meshing is poor. NOT my fault. Some will be smoother after service and adjustments but others won't. NOT my fault. This does not mean I did a poor job, it is just poor design and fabrication.

My price for service is A LOT cheaper compared to Authorized Dealers. My price is to help you.
Some people complain that the service is almost the cost of the rep, well you got a watch for cheap. My work does not have to be cheaper because of the watch cost. Actually we should charge more to work on these movements. Working on gen movements is A LOT easier.

My service fee does not include parts. In the past I replaced parts that were defective, or the parts which broke while removing them due to poor material and construction. This will change from now on. All service is plus cost of parts needed.

I am NOT responsible for the defective or broken parts on your movements, sorry. My service fee is for the inspection, ultrasonic cleaning, lube and oil plus regulation ONLY.
I will charge for all defective jewels, cannon pinion and mainspring barrel and or mainspring.

Let's talk Water Resistant or Water Proof.
I will inspect all seals and replace if needed. Then lube with silicon grease then test up tp 5 atm. But I am not responsible if the watch will explode. If your watch did NOT pass the test, I am sorry but I will NOT refund the €25 please blame the factory. I did my job already and replicas are not made for diving, if you want to dive, by gen. I do my best to help.

After all you paid your dealer for a 1:1 to gen watch and you did not received what you were told...did you asked your dealer for refund? Then why ask me for refund when I did my job ????

Are you aware that rep parts are very difficult to get? Are you aware that rep hands on your chrono watches are very poorly manufactured, will show scratches and are very likely to break when I try to pull these off? If these break I have to repair and or order a watch at my cost to fix your hands. I have done this a lot without charging my customer but this will change from now on.

Are you aware that your AP with rubber bezels are very likely to deform when trying to remove the bezel screws? Why, because the bezel screws and nuts are fabricated with low quality control and the threads are crap. Sometimes you can remove the nuts without any effort but 90% of the time it requires a lot of pressure to unscrew and this will increase the chance of damaging the rubber bezel. NOT my fault but your factory poor QC. I will take quite some time to remove the screws without damaging the bezel....you can't rush this process or you will be in trouble.
SS bezels are easier but you still have to carefully remove screws, otherwise you can put marks on the bezel finish. This applies to every AP watch I get.

Let's talk Lume.

I have lumed quite a few dials, hands, bezels and pearls. I know what I am talking about.

Sandwich type dials are easier and old Lume can be removed before new Lume is applied.

All others are lumed on top of rep Lume 90% of the time.
Don't get mad if I relume on top of rep lume and do NOT ask for refund. If you want all rep lume removed from the dial and the bezel , please go buy the gen. It will look a lot better trust me. There are some dials from which I can remove the index and on these I can remove the old lume and can build a new lume layer, but theses are exceptions.

Let's talk turnaround time.

I am aware that I am not the one with the quickest turnaround time and IT IS MY FAULT. I rather take longer and do the best possible. I work according to the principle fifo , first in, first out. I track when your parcel arrives and finish what is in front of you. That is fair for everyone. Sending me mails asking what is my watch doing or did you receive my watch will slow down my work. Rushing won’t help and I will not answer on these mails anymore, because it is time consuming and keeps me away from your watches. Your emails are most welcome but emailing me telling me it has been 3, 4, 5 months won't fix your movement. Trust me I am not goofing with your watch but working hard and looking for a solution. Please also take in mind that AR will take 3 – 4 weeks at an external supplier. When you send a watch, please write on a piece of paper the problem, what I need to do, your name and your email address. This is important and will save me some time instead searching in 8 weeks old emails what you want. I always open the package at arrival and for example, you want AR, I can take the crystal out and send it with the next AR run instead of starting to work on it when it is your time.
Let's talk dials.

Not all dials are the same and print, dots, markers, paint color and texture will vary from watch to watch. All Lume is done by hand and won't be 100% like the one you saw on the forum or the one you saw on your friends wrist.

PLEASE DO NOT ask me for 100% like gen....NOT possible. I cannot convert shit into gold.
Please keep in mind, I will give 6 month warranty on all swiss movements and 2 month on Chinese movements.
Shipping only from EU countries or via UK. You want to keep your watch and not loose it in German custom.

Thanks for reading this and when you agree, you can send me your watch and I am happy to work on it. Thanks to Vaccum and Guru for the help.

your friend Domi

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
lol.....if you could convert shit into gold, you don't have to work on these shit reps

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Looks like you had some trouble with Noobs and this is unfair for the quality of your work.

I really trust Domi, he's one of the best here and can make amazing work on our "shitty" reps.
If we want 100% gen, the only way is to buy a gen.

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Let's hope the people who need to read this kind of thing do. Well said Domi.

nicks

21/5/13
Well spoken. People have to accept that this is how the rep-scene is. If you choose to buy a shitmovement instead of swiss you need to know that your most probably will have problems with it sooner or later.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Domi still gets every day about 10 mails from customers asking:
When is my watch ready? So he looses about 1 hour of work by
writing mails back and checking the status. That is more
then 2 working days in one month.
Another big problem is, people are sending parts for 1 project
in 3 different packages with 3 different sender address and without any notification
in the package, what a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
How much to switch my straps ? :biglaugh:

dovla

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/12
DE /AU
Domi's service is second to none! Remember when I was at Domi's for re-lume of my ploprof, damn was that a long procedure and only if you saw the way Domi worked on this watch as it was a gen!

Domi, thanks mate it still glows amazing!

klik88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/16
Dear customers,
I have seen a post from Vaccum and with his agreement I took over his statements because I am facing the same problems regarding replica watches, modding and services.

You own a replica watch and it was built with low quality control and specs will vary from watch to watch, PERIOD.

If you saw another watch similar to yours with mods and or work or service done, it does not mean it can be done on yours. All reps are different, PERIOD.

NOT all rep movements can be repaired and the only way to find out is taking it apart and inspecting. Sometimes everything looks "OK" but after service you will still find out that the movement is not working correctly and or new issues will appear. This is very rare but it happens.
Once I have serviced the movement, I WILL NOT refund any money for the service because the movement is not working properly. I have invested my time and effort already.
I will work with you to find a solution, but NOT at my cost.

You bought a rep watch knowing it will have issues with quality control, movements from china are always dirty, over oiled or NO oil at all. Movement Parts are fabricated to very low standards and they vary a lot from watch to watch.

If you buy a watch with the a7750 movement and seconds @12 or sec @ 6, get ready....
The basic movement is decent (still needs service etc) but the modified plates, gears and wheels to make it work like the real seconds @12 movement or @6 is NOT the best.
I have serviced a lot of these movements and I know what I am talking about. I have tried lots of methods and I finally found a way of a working solution which I can apply on sec @12 and sec @ 6. This is only working together with a service of the a7750. It makes no sense to do the mod and next week the movement will stop.
I own the best tools for the trade and only use oils and grease by the ETA charts. I have invested a lot of money in my tools.
Why seconds and subdial hands on your a7750/53 does not "sweep" and or reset to "0" all the time?

Well let me tell you again that this is due to poor part fabrication from your factory. Gears meshing is poor. NOT my fault. Some will be smoother after service and adjustments but others won't. NOT my fault. This does not mean I did a poor job, it is just poor design and fabrication.

My price for service is A LOT cheaper compared to Authorized Dealers. My price is to help you.
Some people complain that the service is almost the cost of the rep, well you got a watch for cheap. My work does not have to be cheaper because of the watch cost. Actually we should charge more to work on these movements. Working on gen movements is A LOT easier.

My service fee does not include parts. In the past I replaced parts that were defective, or the parts which broke while removing them due to poor material and construction. This will change from now on. All service is plus cost of parts needed.

I am NOT responsible for the defective or broken parts on your movements, sorry. My service fee is for the inspection, ultrasonic cleaning, lube and oil plus regulation ONLY.
I will charge for all defective jewels, cannon pinion and mainspring barrel and or mainspring.

Let's talk Water Resistant or Water Proof.
I will inspect all seals and replace if needed. Then lube with silicon grease then test up tp 5 atm. But I am not responsible if the watch will explode. If your watch did NOT pass the test, I am sorry but I will NOT refund the €25 please blame the factory. I did my job already and replicas are not made for diving, if you want to dive, by gen. I do my best to help.

After all you paid your dealer for a 1:1 to gen watch and you did not received what you were told...did you asked your dealer for refund? Then why ask me for refund when I did my job ????

Are you aware that rep parts are very difficult to get? Are you aware that rep hands on your chrono watches are very poorly manufactured, will show scratches and are very likely to break when I try to pull these off? If these break I have to repair and or order a watch at my cost to fix your hands. I have done this a lot without charging my customer but this will change from now on.

Are you aware that your AP with rubber bezels are very likely to deform when trying to remove the bezel screws? Why, because the bezel screws and nuts are fabricated with low quality control and the threads are crap. Sometimes you can remove the nuts without any effort but 90% of the time it requires a lot of pressure to unscrew and this will increase the chance of damaging the rubber bezel. NOT my fault but your factory poor QC. I will take quite some time to remove the screws without damaging the bezel....you can't rush this process or you will be in trouble.
SS bezels are easier but you still have to carefully remove screws, otherwise you can put marks on the bezel finish. This applies to every AP watch I get.

Let's talk Lume.

I have lumed quite a few dials, hands, bezels and pearls. I know what I am talking about.

Sandwich type dials are easier and old Lume can be removed before new Lume is applied.

All others are lumed on top of rep Lume 90% of the time.
Don't get mad if I relume on top of rep lume and do NOT ask for refund. If you want all rep lume removed from the dial and the bezel , please go buy the gen. It will look a lot better trust me. There are some dials from which I can remove the index and on these I can remove the old lume and can build a new lume layer, but theses are exceptions.

Let's talk turnaround time.

I am aware that I am not the one with the quickest turnaround time and IT IS MY FAULT. I rather take longer and do the best possible. I work according to the principle fifo , first in, first out. I track when your parcel arrives and finish what is in front of you. That is fair for everyone. Sending me mails asking what is my watch doing or did you receive my watch will slow down my work. Rushing won’t help and I will not answer on these mails anymore, because it is time consuming and keeps me away from your watches. Your emails are most welcome but emailing me telling me it has been 3, 4, 5 months won't fix your movement. Trust me I am not goofing with your watch but working hard and looking for a solution. Please also take in mind that AR will take 3 – 4 weeks at an external supplier. When you send a watch, please write on a piece of paper the problem, what I need to do, your name and your email address. This is important and will save me some time instead searching in 8 weeks old emails what you want. I always open the package at arrival and for example, you want AR, I can take the crystal out and send it with the next AR run instead of starting to work on it when it is your time.
Let's talk dials.

Not all dials are the same and print, dots, markers, paint color and texture will vary from watch to watch. All Lume is done by hand and won't be 100% like the one you saw on the forum or the one you saw on your friends wrist.

PLEASE DO NOT ask me for 100% like gen....NOT possible. I cannot convert shit into gold.
Please keep in mind, I will give 6 month warranty on all swiss movements and 2 month on Chinese movements.
Shipping only from EU countries or via UK. You want to keep your watch and not loose it in German custom.

Thanks for reading this and when you agree, you can send me your watch and I am happy to work on it. Thanks to Vaccum and Guru for the help.

your friend Domi

Thank you for the very informtive post:)