• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF Blue & White Dial 5711 Review

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Hi guys,

Just back from a holiday in Vegas with these two beauties waiting for me. I purchased them from Josh at Perfect Clones (A TD over on RwG), after 4 QC rejections due to the dreaded alignment issues. Hasn't been plain sailing today with the pins from the bracelet being very stiff to remove and the white dial seeming DOA.

After a lot of Googling for a rep-friendly dealer in London, I came across a small kiosk called 'Watches-2-go' in Piccadilly Circus underground station who managed to get the white dial going by putting some oil in the rotor I believe.

So now for the review, as these watches have been reviewed before I'm going to make it pic-heavy rather than write a lot of stuff due to the jet-lag and the long hangover from Vegas......

Dials

The colour of both are good, the blue is slightly darker than Gen but so unnoticable and still has the beautiful glint off the sun. The white for me is vastly underrated, a striking dial from the moment you look at it and for me is actually easier to read. Date font on the white dial looks perfect purely due to the border surrounding the DW, whereas the white is slightly smaller.

UlrGV5A.jpg

9XkDcjH.jpg

9XkDcjH.jpg

tQjH6le.jpg

Movement

Both use a 9015 Modded Miyota, and seem to be running fine with the fix on the white.

d6A94MK.jpg

zRLsqkG.jpg

47kJ7K0.jpg

fcPCYkH.jpg

Bracelet and Thickness

Bracelet is one of the best I've had in a rep, very smooth and very thin but feels robust enough with a solid clasp. As for the thickness, the PF wins hands down at 8.5mm at gen level. This alone is what made me purchase the PF rather than the BP. The pins were hard to remove and even Santos from the watchsmith in Piccadilly Circus struggled and unfortunately left some scratching on the bracelet, battle scars right?

Xss5YdE.jpg

YxEdBLM.jpg

dP8TTsh.jpg

The scratches changing bracelet:

WGN2F82.jpg

VnleI6C.jpg

xG3rIoY.jpg

Final Thoughts and Wristshots

All in all, I'm delighted with the two watches, especially the white at first glance couldn't be told apart from the gen infact when I wore it on the Tube home. However now for the bad news.......with the clasp being so robust, I forced it a little too much and scratched it, in the process of taking it off for this review.....battle scars though right? Although on a serious note, do you think its worth trying to remove the scratches on this and the links? Plus i'd imagine with use it's going to get pretty banged up anyway, I'm just glad it's not a £25k + gen.

Top right:

BJD8vQK.jpg

Wristshots

sGDr4sV.jpg

uHnAul1.jpg

TNJpclb.jpg

And now they take their place with their friends and family.......

fnZX8Qr.jpg

I also have a 40th Anniversary PF Nautilus that I just don't like/doesn't suit me, therefore I'll be listing on M2M in coming days, so keep a look out...

VC 4500V and Aquanaut V6F to review next once received!

This is my 1st ever review so please go easy on me!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Sweet. Please review that 40th too!

Reactions: Quadangle26

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
These pins push right through right? Might sound daft but the IPhone simcard removal tool is a perfect fit, I had issues with the BP before and it worked a charm.

Im just looking at ordering the rose model, your two look great!

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
i do think that PF made a really close 5711 and almost perfect in every way except for the marker allignment and dwo

Reactions: Pagliacci2007

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
These pins push right through right? Might sound daft but the IPhone simcard removal tool is a perfect fit, I had issues with the BP before and it worked a charm.

Im just looking at ordering the rose model, your two look great!

They do yes, I'm thinking of ordering it too but may go BP for the Rose as the 'stainless steel' on the PF clasp just put me off plus it's considerably cheaper. As for the pins, I never thought of that, I guess the scratches can't be seen when watch is on as well as the fact it's going to get banged up eventually anyway!

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
They do yes, I'm thinking of ordering it too but may go BP for the Rose as the 'stainless steel' on the PF clasp just put me off plus it's considerably cheaper. As for the pins, I never thought of that, I guess the scratches can't be seen when watch is on as well as the fact it's going to get banged up eventually anyway!

I can live with the SS stamp if the rest of the watch is better I had a rose version I believe it was MKF? Had these awful end links that were far too long ( length of the leather strap versions )

not sure about the BP ones though as I’ve never seen a review on it, unfortunately gold watches don’t get too much love on the forums

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I can live with the SS stamp if the rest of the watch is better I had a rose version I believe it was MKF? Had these awful end links that were far too long ( length of the leather strap versions )

not sure about the BP ones though as I’ve never seen a review on it, unfortunately gold watches don’t get too much love on the forums

For me gold watches only come out on the special occasions, minimises the wear and tear and when that happens it's as clear a giveaway as a rep as you'll get!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for your informative review. Do you recall the type of pin removal tool your watchmaker used to adjust the bracelet? It seems many others are having problems with adjusting/sizing their bracelets and I'm trying to figure out what is the best tool for this particular task. Thanks again.

Reactions: hblackiston

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Thanks for your informative review. Do you recall the type of pin removal tool your watchmaker used to adjust the bracelet? It seems many others are having problems with adjusting/sizing their bracelets and I'm trying to figure out what is the best tool for this particular task. Thanks again.

Think he used a springbar removal tool and a hammer, he left the marks as shown but I’m not too bothered by it, as I couldn’t manage it myself which is unusual.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I had no issues sizing the bracelet it’s nice and firm same as you’d expect on the gen. I’m now hunting a dw and call it done. The green lume that bothered me is already fixed.
8685ac5efe0c6fe43b08dc99ef602de8.jpg

Reactions: Cristobal

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I had no issues sizing the bracelet it’s nice and firm same as you’d expect on the gen. I’m now hunting a dw and call it done. The green lume that bothered me is already fixed.
8685ac5efe0c6fe43b08dc99ef602de8.jpg

Which DW are you hunting?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Anyone know where I can get my white dial markers relumed?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
whatever fits and look nicer :D

BP apparently has a better date font although it's still too small and off. The best would be the SW200 date wheel but since that's only available for 2824, it's peak. Unless you may know someone that can reprint the 2824 date wheel to a Miyota spec. :p I'm looking for the same hehe.

Reactions: Ove509

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
BP apparently has a better date font although it's still too small and off. The best would be the SW200 date wheel but since that's only available for 2824, it's peak. Unless you may know someone that can reprint the 2824 date wheel to a Miyota spec. :p I'm looking for the same hehe.

+1

Reactions: hblackiston

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13

im txt you.