• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos LHD check

czar4

Looking Around
27/12/21
Connecticut (USA)
After seeing the Pelagos LHD in last month's raffle, I decided to buy the real thing second hand. I have a gen Black Bay, and the Pelagos does not feel nearly as finished or smooth as the BB (although my BB was purchased brand new). Maybe it's the tool nature of the Pelagos, the difference from the titanium, or that it's clearly been well worn, but it is difficult for me to tell the Pelagos rep from gen, even after searching the threads on here. It came with the box and instruction manual but no papers.

Can anyone chime in on this before I decide whether to keep it or send it back?

Thanks! Very much appreciate this forum!

Pelagos_HEV by czar44

Pelagos_face by czar44

Pelagos_caseback by czar44

Pelagos_clasp by czar44

Pelagos_crown by czar44

czar4

Looking Around
27/12/21
Connecticut (USA)
After reading some info on the regular pelagos on this thread, my confidence is increasing that this example is legit - one indicator is that the bezel pauses at 12:00 when you turn it. The square indices also seem rounded in the right way, and some of the components of the bracelet match.

But, wow, look through that thread - tough to tell the difference and a testament to the caliber of the pelagos reps!!

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
Looks gen to me. I might be in the minority here but I've never found the pelagos reps to be as close to gen as everyone raves about.

Deepseadweller1989

Known Member
14/7/17
I currently own the XF rep LHD and a gen LHD. That looks gen to me buddy. Everything about it is right 👍🏻