• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Peachtree City, Georgia, - Cool Mayor, incredible city.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

How amazing that they had the foresight in the 1950s to make this a reality. Their foresight has made this one of the most livable cities anywhere on the planet and every last citizen benefits from it.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20

How amazing that they had the foresight in the 1950s to make this a reality. Their foresight has made this one of the most livable cities anywhere on the planet and every last citizen benefits from it.
Went to high school in Peachtree City and drove my golf cart to school and work every day. The city has grown a lot in the last twenty years.

Reactions: trailboss99

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
This is fucking nice. Awesome.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Nice - doesnt it remind a bit of Riverdale from Archie comics of old?

My little 3rd grader also watched this video and says "lets move to Peachtree City"

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Went to high school in Peachtree City and drove my golf cart to school and work every day. The city has grown a lot in the last twenty years.
Well there you go, it's a small world huh? Looks like a pretty nice place to grow up and not just because of the golf carts.
Mond you, I bet some of you HS kids had some pretty damn impressive (and fast) carts!

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
We called it "the bubble" because Peachtree City was its own sort of "utopia" cut off from the world. Bored kids, bored cops, and almost zero crime. Was a big story when a drunk guy had his sober blind friend drive his golf cart while "giving him directions." They both got arrested. It was a nice place to grow up, but it definitely doesn't prepare kids for the realities of the world.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Well there you go, it's a small world huh? Looks like a pretty nice place to grow up and not just because of the golf carts.
Mond you, I bet some of you HS kids had some pretty damn impressive (and fast) carts!
Good place to grow up for sure. The hundreds of miles of golf cart paths are also great for running, biking, and walking too.

And yeah, my brother played tennis with a kid who drove a Ferrari California. He was a massive tool.