• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you identify this watch logo?

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

I saw a watch on someone as he walked right by me, and it really caught my eye. It looked similar to a JLC Navy Seals with a rubber oyster (not sure if it was a full bracelet or just a shaped rubber strap) but with a bigger case (at least 45mm) and way bigger lugs. It was also completely polished finish, and impressively shiny. I caught a glimpse of the logo on the dial, but I didn't recognize it. I was thinking about turning around and stopping him to ask, but figured that might be a bit weird. Now I regret not doing it. lol.

I think the logo looked something like this:

mysterylogo.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?

D

d4m.test

Yeah, I looked through dozens of watch logos on a google image search already. Couldn't find anything. I wonder if it was a cheap $30 walmart watch that happened to still be very new and very shiny...

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I have been disappointed by so many 'finds' lately. I see a large diameter flashy timepiece on someone's wrist and when I move in its usually Fossil at best, or a $15 no-brand 'fashion watch'.

D

d4m.test

lol gee thanks. Unless his watch was a multi-platform compiler, I'm gonna have to assume it was a cheapie fashion watch then.

D

d4m.test

AHHHHHHH I found it!!! And damn, am I ever disappointed.

71%2B%2BC-xuHwL._SL1280_.jpg

I guess the logo isn't exactly what I drew/remembered, but that is definitely the watch. Yikes, it's amazing what kind of stuff looks good at a quick glance. ;)

D

d4m.test

graham based by looks of it , nice though!

I agree that it looks great (dial texture, big obnoxious design), but I guess I'm disappointed by a bunch of things:

• Quartz
  • Day subdial
  • Fake rubber oyster with buckle
  • Nearly invisible hour/minute hands

But other than that, I'm soo glad I figured out what he was wearing so I don't have to obsess any more. I only figured it out when I saw a post in the PAM section about an homage watch there, and I recognized the logo and did a quick Amazon search for the brand name.