• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAYPAL or moneyorder

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Hi there,

I have paypal, but its like a bank account paypal. I got no Credit card at the moment or debit card. So i only can have paypal acc by using bank account paypal ..

My question >>
1. Is it going to be the same as credit card paypal when I want to buy from any dealer?
2. Is it save to have this paypal bank account?

Im actually scared to buy things using this paypal ...I thought i want to make a purchase using WEster Union International Money Order , so that I will post the money order to buyer ..
What do you guys think ?

Thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Paypal is pretty easy to use. If you don't have a credit card, you still can use Paypal account as unverified member. This would limit your transfer to U$500 a go and you won't be able to receive any payment.
Compared to WU, paypal has much lower money transfer cost. It has no authorization to deduct from your bank account too.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
I have one of my CC's linked to my paypal account - and I make all of my purchase via that card, and not my bank account.....I guess for further protection of my purchases.

No additional fees, and the transfers are instant just as if I paid via my bank account on paypal.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
thats truee

Well thats true...if I have my own credit card...i will be happy to do it...so just curious ..how to do some purchases overseas without habing credit card?

Is possting money order is good ir not ?
WU online service...i dont like to get near that..to much hassle for me...

so i think i will never get the chance to make any purchase...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I would recommend Paypal over WU as a preferred way to send money. First consideration:
WU is used in too many fraud cases (relatively more than PP).
Second: WU charges transfer fee/ dealer fee (roughly about 10 percent of money sent).
Third: If your currency is not USD, they charge ridiculous exchange rate.
Fourth: If you pay using your CC; you'll get some interest for advance cash.