• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Payment question

Teekay_0830

Horology Curious
7/9/22
Hello,

im considering buying a watch from seads UK stock.
Can anyone tell me which payment methods he accepts?

Greetings & thanks in advance

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
If you are based in the UK you can just do a bank transfer! Once you have confirmed via email that you want to buy the watch, he will ask where you are located and then send over bank details for you to pay.

If you are based in the EU however I'm not too sure, I would assume it would be standard methods like Wise or Western Union, but I'd suggest asking him in an email.

Hope this helps! :) Out of interest, what watch(es) are you interested in?

Reactions: P..DR..D

Teekay_0830

Horology Curious
7/9/22
thanks for the quick reply!

I am mostly interested in a gmt pepsi (e.g. 107 gmt gmf pepsi v6 vr movement jubilee bracelet 904l, 569 shipped) but as this is my very first rep purchase and i have to admit that i am kinda scared that things go south, i might opt for a more cheap watch first. Maybe just a noob sub for 300 bucks :)
sadly i am not UK based, but somewhere else in the EU.

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
I understand that feeling, It was only this time last year that I was in your position and I was nervous about buying my first rep.

There is nothing to worry about though with Sead, he is a top bloke and always follows through on his orders. I've ordered many watches from him and each transaction has been perfect! The watch always arrives quickly and exactly as seen in the QC pics.

If there is a specific rep you are after I'd just go for that one, chances are you will just but the sub, see how easy the process is and how great the watch is, then buy the pepsi anyway! (this is exactly what I done when I first started). 😂

Also good choice for your first rep, I have a pepsi as well, just the Clean (CF) version and I love it!

Teekay_0830

Horology Curious
7/9/22
i was also looking for the clean version, but it looks like he doesnt have it stocked right now.
what are the odds that he can get his hands on a specific watch if i ask for it ?

I mean i will contact him today anyway, but im just curious how it works

KruisingKhaos95

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Sead can source any watch that any other TD can, whether is on his stocklist or not. The only difference being you request the watch from him, he tells you the price and you pay upfront, then he sources the watch from China and ships to you from EU (after sending and confirming you are happy with QC pics).

Certain watches however Sead gets in stock fairly regularly (such as clean daytonas, GMTs, Datejusts, VSF Subs, Datejusts etc) so It's always worth keeping an eye on the thread for updates. I have notifications on for whenever a new post is made on the thread for when he updates to see if he has anything new I'm interested in. Might be worth while you doing the same :)

Teekay_0830

Horology Curious
7/9/22
thanks for your kind help and information :) fyi i ordered myself and omega no time to die last week and are waiting for shipping confirmation right now.
do you have any idea how long it usually takes from order to arrival in the EU ?

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
If you are based in the EU however I'm not too sure, I would assume it would be standard methods like Wise or Western Union, but I'd suggest asking him in an email.
It's the same. European Bank transfer. I'm sure the OP already knows it since he made an order already but in case some else goes thru this, here it is.

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
do you have any idea how long it usually takes from order to arrival in the EU ?
It depends on the time Sead takes to mail it. The transit time itself inside the EU is pretty fast. There are no borders. Couple of days or so. I'm waiting for a package from him also.

Teekay_0830

Horology Curious
7/9/22
Received my watch today, incredibly smooth contact with sead, took about 1,5 weeks (6 days with german customs)
totally happy with the quality.

Small sidequestion - is it usual that the clockwork imbalance for the automatic makes a sound when turning the wrist? like you can clearly hear and feel that its moving. not too loud, but noticeable. my gen watch obviously doesnt do this ;)

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
Small sidequestion - is it usual that the clockwork imbalance for the automatic makes a sound when turning the wrist? like you can clearly hear and feel that its moving. not too loud, but noticeable. my gen watch obviously doesnt do this ;)

That's the rotor, right? Some watches (gens and reps) do that noise more than others and, from what I red, it can be fixed but I don't see it as much of an issue.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Received my watch today, incredibly smooth contact with sead, took about 1,5 weeks (6 days with german customs)
totally happy with the quality.

If it bugs you, you can either try silencing it yourself (I believe just a few drops of oil) or ask a watchsmith to do it.

I'm not brave enough to attempt it, so asked a watchsmith to do it, but I believe it is definitely doable.