• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patrimony series

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's had experience with any of the Patrimony reps, particularly the manual wind versions. I've got my eye on this 7045 replica https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ducts_id=15389 as 85150 reps seem to have a Miyota movement, which is a great movement, but the rotor is annoyingly loud. I also rotate watches frequently and something like this wouldn't be a daily driver and would likely be set and wound with each use anyway.

I'm aware that this has been asked in this thread here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/vacheron-constantin/9554649-best-patrimony-rep but I'm really keen to hear about the manual wind reps.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Looking at this myself between KZF and MKS
https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=20040
https://chazingtime08.co/brands/pat...81180-ss-mkf-11-best-edition-white-dial-black

Some pro-cons IMO:

KZF
Pros
- 7mm thick, nearer to gen
- Manual wind per gen

Cons
- dial minute dots too thick
- dial hour indices seems not to be flat at the end nearer to the bezel where the dial curve
- empty date position since it is using Miyota 9015
- There is an accent at the "E" of GENEVA (gen does not)

MKS
Pros
- dial minute dots thinner, nearer to gen
- dial hour indices seems flatter at the end nearer to the bezel where the dial curve
- 1 crown position only, no empty date since it is using the Miyota 9039 instead of 9015
- is actually materially cheaper than the KZF(!)
- No accent at the "E" of GENEVA

Cons
- 8.5mm thick, 1.5mm more than KZF (sounds little but is actually a whopping 21% thicker than KZF)
- Auto winding, gen is manual wind, but you can actually just remove the rotor yourself so not too much an issue IMO.

Overall, I think the thickness is the overall main issue with the MKS else it will be a clear winner. I don't think 1.5mm is going to make too much of a difference on the wrist and will still go under the cuff easily with 8.5mm. Dial side the MKS is hands down better.

Actual owner are more than welcomed to chip in, or if anyone notice any other issues it will be great to hear.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Thanks for the videos, these show more than those on trusty's website. For me it's the KZF, the thickness matching the gen is a huge plus for this rep.

I would concur the 7mm thickness of KZF is a huge plus. Just that personally the simple yet elegant dial face is what attracted me to this model, hence a well made dial is important to me.
The big price difference was also a deciding factor for me, cannot justify paying what the dealers are asking for a KZF.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I would concur the 7mm thickness of KZF is a huge plus. Just that personally the simple yet elegant dial face is what attracted me to this model, hence a well made dial is important to me.
The big price difference was also a deciding factor for me, cannot justify paying what the dealers are asking for a KZF.

I only just noticed the price difference. Wow, I guess the KZF price is also due to the VC bonus goodies you get. I could live without them for such a large reduction in price.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I only just noticed the price difference. Wow, I guess the KZF price is also due to the VC bonus goodies you get. I could live without them for such a large reduction in price.

The watch is pretty hard to manual wind given the small crown which is why u need the USB winder. The auto winding on the MKS actually makes a lot of sense, just silent the rotor and its good to go imo.

Last edited: