• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parts removed by Rolex

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
I was always under the impression that RSC won't return replaced parts (as per Omega) and as such took this as a given on last service when crown and crystal (looked fine to me) were replaced.

However I am looking at a pre owned used GMT pepsi with RSC 2022 service & still stickered and the dealer is also supplying the original bezel which they replaced. I questioned this and he tells me that Rolex will return replaced parts but there is a charge.

I know I can just ask the AD next time I put a watch in but wifes isnt due next service yet and im curious so wondered does anyone know for certain?

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe
A friend had his at service 2 months ago.
He didn't even get the crown back...
Also they wanted to talk him into replacing the xtal which has 1 microswirl.
Fortunately he was smart enough and said no - so he basically had a movement service and the crown exchanged for 1.2k €
Honestly.. fuck rsc 😅

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
I'd love to know too. I'd be so grateful if anyone has info on this.

A friend had his at service 2 months ago.
He didn't even get the crown back...
Also they wanted to talk him into replacing the xtal which has 1 microswirl.
Fortunately he was smart enough and said no - so he basically had a movement service and the crown exchanged for 1.2k €
Honestly.. fuck rsc 😅
Off the top of my head mine was £700 ish and that was service with new crystal and crown. To be honest I don't mind paying RSC rates and watches always come back mint but would be nice to know if there is really an option to request parts for a return fee as could always sell on or use to mod a rep. Especially as their standards are so high that the replaced parts are essentially still ok.

John Williams

2/8/22
the dealer is also supplying the original bezel which they replaced. I questioned this and he tells me that Rolex will return replaced parts but there is a charge.
Rolex always kept my tritium dials. So I had the DJ36 serviced at my local watchmaker. I think it's the same with other parts, so that they can't be installed in REPS or sold for dubious prices.

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Reply from Dealer selling watch - "The original insert is also included. Rolex will return the insert if a 50% surcharge is paid during a service. Best regards"

Just to add watch was 100% with all papers and fresh RSC service

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
You can choose to keep the original parts in the watch. Rolex then voids your renews warranty after sending it back because, as they say, they cannot vouch for the old parts to function as per new.

There is no returning of parts from the central Rolex service center.
The only time you can choose to keep your shit is if your local AD replaces a crystal or a crown. Then you can tell em you wanna keep your stuff. And then that's free. Because you pay for the new parts.

Everything else, as far as I know from experience of owning 5 gen Rolexs over the years, is not true.

Reactions: John Williams

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
You can choose to keep the original parts in the watch. Rolex then voids your renews warranty after sending it back because, as they say, they cannot vouch for the old parts to function as per new.

There is no returning of parts from the central Rolex service center.
The only time you can choose to keep your shit is if your local AD replaces a crystal or a crown. Then you can tell em you wanna keep your stuff. And then that's free. Because you pay for the new parts.

Everything else, as far as I know from experience of owning 5 gen Rolexs over the years, is not true.
Thats what I also thought from my experience over the years through AD, RSC St James London and the new one in Kent UK.

Thats why its got me scratching my head?

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
50% surcharge for return of replaced part does sound like Rolex prices though :)

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thats what I also thought from my experience over the years through AD, RSC St James London and the new one in Kent UK.

Thats why its got me scratching my head?
If it's local service with an espresso wait, you keep your parts. As said like glass or crown.
bracelet polishing also for example. Usually they then replace a "destroyed" link without giving you the old one back. There's no need for a broken link with deep scratches nobody can polish kit.
50% surcharge for return of replaced part does sound like Rolex prices though :)
It really doesn't to me. You get to keep your old crystal, as you paid for the new one. If you don't ask, you won't get it. But ask and you will get it free.

As per the old parts kept in the watch, you don't pay a fee for that at all as you don't receive new parts. "Just" the price of a voided prolonged warranty

Reactions: John Williams