• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM390 [HWF]

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I'm sorry, I was forced to be absent, I missed the next release.

zoUz4b.jpg

zoU3gp.jpg

zoUhPF.jpg

zoUKo5.jpg

zoU20t.jpg

zoUL52.jpg

zoUetE.jpg

zoU5Nn.jpg

zoUWK3.jpg

zoUa1s.jpg

zoUiMY.jpg

zoUoDD.jpg

zoUqok.jpg

zoUITo.jpg

zoUO0J.jpg

zoUy5P.jpg

zoU1BW.jpg

zoU9NS.jpg

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Well it's good to see a 390 back in stock but wow, no swan neck on the movement and not even a decoration? Not to mention PAM 390 should come with a OP I movement.
Luckily it has a closed caseback but hey this brings reps quality back to quite a few years ago...

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
Could someone give them the link of the RWI treads :D

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
From the obvious, I see modern hands, instead of pre-v, otherwise, you need to look at the colors of the lume and the dial, which is difficult for these photos. The case looks like a typical HWF on the latest models, the marks and numbers don't look thick like they did on many models (rather corrected for a good example, like PAM632), but I expect it to be just as bulging.

Haven't seen detailed photos, will share when I find it, but I think it will lag behind the old NOOB and HF, but not worse than NEW NOOB, which was released last time.

Reactions: John Williams

unlimited_one

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
4/5/20
Thailand
From the obvious, I see modern hands, instead of pre-v, otherwise, you need to look at the colors of the lume and the dial, which is difficult for these photos. The case looks like a typical HWF on the latest models, the marks and numbers don't look thick like they did on many models (rather corrected for a good example, like PAM632), but I expect it to be just as bulging.

Haven't seen detailed photos, will share when I find it, but I think it will lag behind the old NOOB and HF, but not worse than NEW NOOB, which was released last time.
thanks for the details!

Reactions: KOT1917

John Williams

2/8/22
I think the watch looks good at first glance. Since I was not a friend of Panerai when Noob was active, I rely on the statements of our Paneristi. As a Panerai layman, it looks very GEN to me.

I have to say that I was only able to admire two GEN Panerais. That was a PAM111 and a PAM00960.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I think the watch looks good at first glance. Since I was not a friend of Panerai when Noob was active, I rely on the statements of our Paneristi. As a Panerai layman, it looks very GEN to me.

I have to say that I was only able to admire two GEN Panerais. That was a PAM111 and a PAM00960.
That's understandable. The models from HWF are nevertheless beautiful watches and have good quality. I love my HWF 605, allthough it has many flaws compared to the Gen. What many Paneristi don't understand (me included) is that HWF makes often mistakes, that are avoidable without any problems. Take the hands for example. Here they simply used the wrong hands - on the 605 it's the same. Is it so hard to order the correct hands from your supplier? That's no rocket science ;-)

Reactions: John Williams

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Bringing up this thread on the HWF 390, seems like there is not much of an update on this model...
Does any bros here has one recently from HWF?

Reactions: ismaelmv

JMM17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/24

Are hands really wrong at this model? This is snip from panerai website:

And that's from Trusty:

Both looks "modern" to me, no? Lume seems to be bit too short on minutes hand in rep maybe.

JMM17

15/1/24
Okay i see all used ones have pre-v hands, as opposed to what we can see on Pam website, interesting.

JMM17

15/1/24
I have some good news lads, can i post QC pictures here?

JMM17

15/1/24
OK, so i've pulled the trigger on this one, as i love pretty much everything about it looks and size (just wished it was sandwich dial for perfection). Just got and approved my QC yesterday. So here's a couple of good news that i've spotted:
First, it comes with extra black rubber, yay!

Second, there's v2! At very least, they've changed hands, to proper golden pre-V set:

Third, not sure on this 100%, but crystal seems to be good. At low-mid angle there is no distortion.
Gen:

Rep:

At high angle there is small amount of distortion on crystal very edge (now not sure about this 100% as i couldnt find better gen photos than this one).
Gen:
[/url
Rep:
[url=https://clickpix.org/image/qc-pam-7.KaFzSQ]

So far, i think that's good news. I cant say anything about lume, found just one gen lume shot (and it looks to be blue there).

Cant say anything about dial or indices color, as they literally looks different on every gen photos i've seen (i think you cant say if its good, unless you get it side by side with gen):

Cant say anything about case shape, as i never see any differences until others point them out. Maybe others will see something i cant.

Caseback looking fine to me. Gen:

Rep:

Buckle:

And that's it. Cant wait to get my hands on it, so far it looks much better than i expected. Afaik movement is not decorated, but i'll check once i get it. Hope this helps someone who's considering this model like i was.