• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam111 Gen or Rep?

Powdernation

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/18
Looking to get some expert eyes on a Pam111, purchased from a watch dealer with stamped card, but movement looks suspect, specifically incablock. Note the 'I' rather than the 'Y' incablock. N serial case. Is it possible it received a replacement part during service, or does this match to one of the earlier Noob releases? Thanks in advance for your help.

zTS6xX.jpg

zTSrWi.jpg

zTStQb.jpg

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You are right. No Y incabloc. I'd say rep or at least repaired movement.

Last edited:

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
And the fact that the regulating screw is not even touching the regulation lever :unsure: Seems like there is no tension at the swan neck which is suspicious as well.

Oh, and the outer rings (where the teeth are) of the main spring and winding wheel are polished on the gen. Here it looks matte, as is the case with the usual reps.

And the overall finish of the decoration plate/engravings doesn’t look well. There are even scratches very visible.

I vote for rep.

Last edited:

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
Rep for sure. Look at the micro screw, it doesn’t touch the lyre.
No ETA stamp too.

Powdernation

29/9/18
And the fact that the regulating screw is not even touching the regulation lever :unsure: Seems like there is no tension at the swan neck which is suspicious as well.

Oh, and the outer rings (where the teeth are) of the main spring and winding wheel are polished on the gen. Here it looks matte, as is the case with the usual reps.

And the overall finish of the decoration plate/engravings doesn’t look well. There are even scratches very visible.

I vote for rep.

Thanks for your input, hard to tell if regulating screw is touching the lever as I took another zoomed pic (below).

Powdernation

29/9/18
How much did you pay for it?

The price paid for it was the price that would be expected of an authentic Panerai. Dealer out of a brick and mortar store. People can make mistakes. Will likely need to run it by an expert watchmaker as well, but based on the conversation so far, it points to a rep.

Reactions: domiffm

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Thanks for your input, hard to tell if regulating screw is touching the lever as I took another zoomed pic (below).

I’d still say not touching. It was more visible on your previous pics. However, on this pic you can see even more the roughness of the finish and dirt. Also check out the blue screw. Clear signs of a screwdriver at the inner corners of the screw head. Not saying this cannot happen on a gen but highly unlikely.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Where do you think the regulator screw head is going to go once you try to turn it, even if the tip was just barely touching ??? It is already hard up against the Sean neck. And Panerai swan neck screws don't sit right on the edge, they are centred on the plate.