• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW359 vs Gen

sgabraham

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/13
Difference I notice is the font cutout is fatter on rep and the strap stitching is off white on the Gen.

Maxsky

6/3/12
+

- crown is better on Gen
- Hour and Minutes hands are really differents. Lume is thinner, Hands are darker and less fat than the rep

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Of course gen crown is better, no need to look at any pic to know this :D

Regarding the hands, lume looks thinner in gen, but it could very well be the light/angle of the pic...

IMHO an incredible rep, almost indistinguishable :)

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Of course gen crown is better, no need to look at any pic to know this :D

Regarding the hands, lume looks thinner in gen, but it could very well be the light/angle of the pic...

IMHO an incredible rep, almost indistinguishable :)

Kilo, I concur. These KW reps are amazingly good--particularly the 312, 351 and 359 (and the rads too from what I can see). They really put every other maker to shame--even Noob is going to have up their game and maybe lower their prices a bit to compete.

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
Sorry, but this photo suck! You cant tell anything, its just imagine

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
- Sandwich cutouts are evidently bolder than gen. This is already a know issue
- Hands have correct width but just the lume id thicker in rep. Colour of hands is the same, differences are by the light angle. This is another well know issue very common in PAM reps like in PAM 505.
- Gen Crown is always, of course, better but we cannot see it on the pic
- Rep Strap is really magnificent (I had already realized that in my KW PAM 359). Just the rep stitching has a bit thinner thread and the colour is a bit whiter. But this is hit and miss because mine is almost correct in colour.

But the most important is that finish and quality of the case-set and dial is comparable to the gen, with strong gen-like appearance.

PAM 359 is one of the nicest PAMs and with a strong personality
KW version is impressive

ALE

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
On your wrist without a Gen around it would be impossible to tell even a close proximity..

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
The cutouts really are quite a bit fatter. I didn't realise by so much . I have one of these on the way. That's gonna bug me.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Norrie, unless you literally have it side by side with the gen. you will never see the difference. Just enjoy it!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Norrie, unless you literally have it side by side with the gen. you will never see the difference. Just enjoy it!

I agree with Ruski
The most important is the gen-like appearance and KW PAM 359 is really like a gen in appearance. I'm wearing mine today and the polished case is awesome
Enjoy this rep and forget the little differences. Nobody will notice you are wearing a rep because it actually is not like a rep

ALE

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
these are amazing reps. the finish is.fabulous. just enjoy. when you feel the quality, you won't care about such a tiny nit. it would be impossible to tell that its a.rep on the wrist, even to an expert.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Ran up to the post office with my undelivered parcel card thinking my 359 and IWC 3880 were here but it was just straps I ordered and forgot about. Hate that!

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
Having built a franken 359 recently, I've done some research on this. Here were my findings regarding the kw:
1) The placement of "REG TM." on the cg is slightly off when compared to gen. This is probably one of the bigger differences. The crown itself is a bit thinner on the kw but this isn't easy to see on the wrist.
2) The lug shape is slightly off compared to gen. Again, this is hard to see on the wrist.
3) The lume color (when charged) is different on the kw vs the gen. I have pics of the rep dial and gen dial next to each other and will post later.

I know there's been mention of the rep dial numerals being different from gen, but since I was replacing the rep dial with a gen dial I didn't examine dial/hands too closely. In the end, for my franken, I ended up going with the ZF 359 as I felt it was just a little closer to gen.
The other thing is that the rep strap I had on my 359 had a stitch color that was closer to white then ecru/beige which is what the OEM strap has. It caused me to go out and pick up the gen strap. I must say, on the 359, the gen strap looks amazing. The stitch color matches the dirty dial very very nicely.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
these are amazing reps. the finish is.fabulous. just enjoy. when you feel the quality, you won't care about such a tiny nit. it would be impossible to tell that its a.rep on the wrist, even to an expert.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

This is the point
I agree entirely
ALE