• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 382 appreciation

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
PAM 382 Appreciation

I was taking some pics yesterday while wearing my 382 and I happened to think that I had this watch for a while.

I went my back through my old thread and realized I was one of the first to buy it, at the time it was KW factory v1. We're back in 2014, 5 years ago.

A lot has changed during this period, and patina on my bronzo changed as well :)

That's why I thought it would have been nice to celebrate my 5 years old and ticking PAM 382 with a photo shoot showing how the patina naturally developed during its life.

Here it is:

Hope you enjoyed, now show us yours!

:cheers:

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
I received mine on August 2018 (vsf v2). This is the story of mine

After 3 months

After 8 months

After 10 months

Almost 1 year old

And before a month

Last edited:

nikos1974

29/11/10
PAM 382 Appreciation

I was taking some pics yesterday while wearing my 382 and I happened to think that I had this watch for a while.

I went my back through my old thread and realized I was one of the first to buy it, at the time it was KW factory v1. We're back in 2014, 5 years ago.

A lot has changed during this period, and patina on my bronzo changed as well :)

That's why I thought it would have been nice to celebrate my 5 years old and ticking PAM 382 with a photo shoot showing how the patina naturally developed during its life.

Here it is:

Hope you enjoyed, now show us yours!

:cheers:

The Pearl and the crown guard G are the two weak points of the current best VSF version. It's amazing to see that the 2014 KW version has both the Pearl and the G spot on.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The Pearl and the crown guard G are the two weak points of the current best VSF version. It's amazing to see that the 2014 KW version has both the Pearl and the G spot on.

Pearl was retouched by me so this does not count :) The biggest flaw in v1 was the external chamfer on the bezel being too narrow.

I am under the impression that later versions/makers did not use the same bronze alloy as KW v1.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I swim at sea with this leather strap for 1.5 years. I bought this vsf v2 in February from memory. I cant live without a 382 in the Pamily, and i REALLLY want the 968 too.

Last sea bath with this exact setup two hours ago :).

766f0b08ff7211ea894edaf71b579cc6.jpg

Reactions: boutsk

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Pearl was retouched by me so this does not count :) The biggest flaw in v1 was the external chamfer on the bezel being too narrow.

I am under the impression that later versions/makers did not use the same bronze alloy as KW v1.

That's probably one of the few personal watches where you couldn't improve much. Eventually adding some patina to the dial and the hands would be cool . . .

leptifrancais

Horology Curious
26/12/21
Hello i m looking to buy a pam bluezo 47mm from xf and it look the datewheel is sunken. Is it possible to fix it ?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Hello i m looking to buy a pam bluezo 47mm from xf and it look the datewheel is sunken. Is it possible to fix it ?

XF and VSF are the same. Since this watch is not produced any more, may I ask, where you want to buy it? If the DW really looks different from the watches here on the photos, then this probably is no XF/VSF but a cheaper Rep. Please be careful.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14

Mine still has a virgin patina.. hopefully a trip or two to the sea/beach will help speed it up.. not much salty air inland and I don’t want to force the patina artificially.

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
I was surprised to read this, as after the raids, I thought there were no more 382s around.
Were you successful in having one sourced?
Some VSFs are appearing here and there and it's a limited number of watches. You need to ask the dealers about models that you're interested in.

Prices are of course higher for these pieces then they used to be before the raids.....

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Liondeer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/21
England
Thanks for this - great to know.
I thought the wait for a VSF 382 - or any 382 - was going to be longer.
I don't mind the higher prices, especially after I've waited for nearly a year.

I will email puretime now and see if they have any left....