• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

package from UK to Germany what about customs?

Mallingar89

Horology Curious
15/8/19
So If I order a watch from a UK Dealer to germany do I have to be worried about customs checking the package because of the Brexit or how does that work?
Any experiens anyone?

Cheers

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
There is only a very little risk. Important: Your dealer has to fill the customs papers. Without a visible customs declaration on the packet the customs will have a closer look. But in any case you have to pay VAT if your dealer is not connected to a pre-declaration system like ebay or Amazon.

srgbnh

Horology Curious
18/1/20
I have a package from UK which have been opened too recently but the custom declaration was not clearly visible. But I guess it is not so risky if you respect all the rules.

Reactions: Mallingar89

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
Revived several watches from the UK to the EU without any problems. Have the shipper pre declare it with a visible form on the package and you should be fine.

Reactions: Mallingar89

aster_x

Known Member
5/11/22
I will bump the topic.
I have a problem with a parcel from the UK to one of the EU countries. I bought 4 cheap reps here on the forum. The seller is in the UK and I'm in one of the EU countries. The package was seized by customs. On the package there is a seller customs declaration that inside are parts of watches worth £35 and that it is a return of goods. The customs in my country asks me to confirm the type and value of the items to declare them. They don't say anything about copyright, infringement, prohibited items, replicas, etc. And now I'm wondering whether to confirm the value, pay the duty and enjoy the shipment or ignore it and let the package go back to sender. I'm afraid that if I admit that it's my gear, they will start asking about the copyrights etc and problems will start. Anyone been in a similar situation?