• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Order process question

leedsuk

Horology Curious
18/3/15
I’ve made an order on the JTime website, chose to pay by bank transfer. I’ve had an email confirming the order and giving bank details to pay etc however I’d like to know if I pay before seeing QC pics or if I pay afterwards? I’ve sent JTime an email asking the same question but had no reply as yet.

How does the order process usually work?

Thanks

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yes, you first have to pay. After that you get QC pics.
Keep in mind starting with tomorrow is Golden Week in China, National Holidays for 1 Week. Most TD's are on Holiday, Factories closed etc. QC pics will take some time maybe.

Reactions: P..DR..D

bigkat725

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
  1. Order (either through their website, wechat/whatsapp, or through email). They are busy. Keep your emails short and to the point. Don't ask too many questions.
  2. Payment – some accept credit cards*, others primarily do crypto, Western Union, Transferwise and Moneygram. Some accept some of the more convenient services like paypal, but you typically have to be an upstanding member of the community for over a year.
  3. Wait for QC. This can take 2-21 days depending on availability. Typical turnaround time is 2-7 days.
  4. Once QC is received, these are pictures of the actual watch you will get in the mail. Make sure you check it for major defects. Don’t get too picky, remember that these are $3-400 replicas of $2k-60k watches, made by people who probably make a bit more than minimum wage in some cases. If a TD rejects a watch too many times, the factory or dealer they buy from will begin to refuse sending new watches and just offer a refund. I won’t get into how to approve QC, because you should be doing research on the model you want and what you want to look out for.
  5. Once you approve QC, it will take 1-5 days for the TD to send it off to their courier. You can also ship via triangle shipping, which is a higher price, but recommended for European countries.

Reactions: clk168 and P..DR..D

leedsuk

Horology Curious
18/3/15
Yes, you first have to pay. After that you get QC pics.
Keep in mind starting with tomorrow is Golden Week in China, National Holidays for 1 Week. Most TD's are on Holiday, Factories closed etc. QC pics will take some time maybe.
Thanks mate, I'll get the payment made so they can sort the order out when back from national holidays!

1. Order (either through their website, wechat/whatsapp, or through email). They are busy. Keep your emails short and to the point. Don't ask too many questions.
  2. Payment – some accept credit cards*, others primarily do crypto, Western Union, Transferwise and Moneygram. Some accept some of the more convenient services like paypal, but you typically have to be an upstanding member of the community for over a year.
  3. Wait for QC. This can take 2-21 days depending on availability. Typical turnaround time is 2-7 days.
  4. Once QC is received, these are pictures of the actual watch you will get in the mail. Make sure you check it for major defects. Don’t get too picky, remember that these are $3-400 replicas of $2k-60k watches, made by people who probably make a bit more than minimum wage in some cases. If a TD rejects a watch too many times, the factory or dealer they buy from will begin to refuse sending new watches and just offer a refund. I won’t get into how to approve QC, because you should be doing research on the model you want and what you want to look out for.
  5. Once you approve QC, it will take 1-5 days for the TD to send it off to their courier. You can also ship via triangle shipping, which is a higher price, but recommended for European countries.
Thanks for the info mate.

taters

Horology Curious
2/8/22
I'm not far from you geographically pal, quick tip - use the tracker when you get it. Once it hits the UK, you will probably have it within 48 hours. Just in case you are as excited/anxious as I was. I missed the first delivery attempt by RM. It will likely go from the import sorting centre to sheffield and then straight to you from your local PO.

taters

Horology Curious
2/8/22
I'm not far from you geographically pal, quick tip - use the tracker when you get it, it might do nothing until it hits UK shores . Once it hits the UK, you will probably have it within 48 hours. Just in case you are as excited/anxious as I was. I missed the first delivery attempt by RM. It will likely go from the import sorting centre to sheffield and then straight to you from your local PO.