• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Monaco 24 Calibre 36 Concept Rep

argentum

Looking Around
14/5/10
Hi, i just bought this Monaco Rep

What do you think bout this, good or bad one?

Fr.jpg

The seconds running @ 9, and Minute from stopwatch @ 3

Bk.jpg

BK2.jpg

What machine this Rep use?
I test it for 24 hours and i guess this watch run slower for 15-20 sec.

prb

Known Member
30/6/09
Asian 7750 movement in this one.

BTW, how's the AR (anti-reflective coating on the crystal)? I really like this piece, and might get one myself if the AR is good at reducing the glare on the glass. How's the quality of the strap too?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The monaco again...I see no new editons of that...The only bad thing is that it doesnt look like the gen at all...I think the quality is a lot better than the cheap one.15-20 sec per day is a lot,you should regulate it at 3-5 sec or less...

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!

I have to get one of these in the future, what dealer did you buy from?

argentum

Looking Around
14/5/10
The Glare is finely reduced, it's very clear to see even with so many reflections from lamps.

Strap quality quite good, but at the back of the strap, it's easily got mark from the deployment clasp.

Deployment Clasp quality is cheappo.

The Lume is terrible, my 10 years old seiko kinetic works 10 times better than this one.

I found the other things like details and decals is good, 95% to GEN.

Oh i bought this one for around 300 US, i bought it from GuangZhou China, last week.

TimTimmington

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/10

davidcfowler

Horology Curious
9/1/11
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has found a better rep of this watch? I absolutely love it, but if you compare against the original there are a couple of problems that even I (as a noobie) can spot...

Original:
http://tinyurl.com/664mmdo

Reps:
http://www.replicamake88.com/products/TAG11011-TAG-HEUER-MONACO-CONCEPT-24-PVD-LEATCHER-QUARTZ-GREY
and
http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=3384

The reps I've seen have the following problems:
1) The corners of the watch face are black, not silver as per the original
2) The bottom of the watch case (under 6 o'clock) has the 'Tag Heuer' logo, which doesnt exist on the original.

Any thoughts? All advice gratefully received!

Thanks David

davidcfowler

Horology Curious
9/1/11
Akelku,

I like the watch (grey face is very nice!) but it still has the same two flaws that I highlighed above. Nice try, but for now the hunt continues...

Thanks for your response though!

David

Zerofallen

Looking Around
1/7/11
That's correct. The 24 Concept model has the Tag Heuer marking under 6 o'clock, whereas the 24 Calibre 36 LE model does not, but then instead of a PVD coating on the case it has a gloss black.
And what you think of as silver and black on the watch faces is actually the backing that the watch is on when the photo was taken as that part is completely see through.