• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Opening BR01-97 (Unpacking)

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Here is the video(someone can emb it for me, I dont know how)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuYiDboaR28"]YouTube- Opening Bell & Ross BR01-97 Replica[/nomedia]

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
what a stupid video...watch an idiot how he opens the bubble wrap of his rep.
what an ASSMUNCH makin a clip about it !

407Guy

Horology Curious
22/5/10
Well, looking at his signature it says it's broken already...

*shrug*

sharkie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/10
well, i thought it was good

let me be the first to openly say... thanks for posting this

goodness that timepiece really POPS! the case and markings really come out against the background, i.e., against the black band & black dial

i think my next rep (number 3 of three) will be a BR03-92 with a similar color combination/scheme (so SS brushed case with say.. white numbers/markers). i got my eye on josh's site for this one -- just waiting for payday at this point.

q: the blue circle on the crown is just a piece of thin plastic for protection/packaging purposes -- i'm correct to assume that, yes? (just wanted to be sure) though, i wouldn't mind it being a sapphire like on some movados and many other timepieces

--Sharkie

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Great looking watch DMC! forget the rude comments on this thread they didn't know it was you buddy. :D

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Great looking watch DMC! forget the rude comments on this thread they didn't know it was you buddy. :D

Even if people do mean to purpsofully insult me, I just let it slide, there are idiots all over the internet

mactower

10/1/11
In reference to how the watch broke: Cheap A21J movement. I know a few watchmakers that will refuse to service them. Simple enough to replace and cheap.

D

d4m.test

Hi, Deloreandmc@

Interesting video, and congrats on a fine looking watch. However, I was hoping it was a video on opening the CASEBACK of a Bell & Ross. Do YOU or anyone else have any tips on how to opening these things? I see that "do not unscrew" warning and stop. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

dave

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Ok, the reason why it broke had nothing to do with the watches own problems, which for reliability, there was none. My sister hit it with a log and the crystal broke.

I can tell you how I had to open this one, the crown release was not under the screw hole that you have to unscrew, so I ripped the crown out, and it surpirisingly was fine, and was able to just put it back in. STILL DO NOT RECOMEND DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Ok, the reason why it broke had nothing to do with the watches own problems, which for reliability, there was none. My sister hit it with a log and the crystal broke.

I can tell you how I had to open this one, the crown release was not under the screw hole that you have to unscrew, so I ripped the crown out, and it surpirisingly was fine, and was able to just put it back in. STILL DO NOT RECOMEND DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mate, it's been a while since I've seen you around. :)

GloStiX

Horology Curious
5/8/10
So how are you supposed to release the crown on a BR 01-97? I ripped apart one of them back in the day, I'd like to knwo how to do it properly

ohtoht

23/5/12
This is a reply from the comments section from the video. I thought it was pretty funny

FYI most if not all the 'sellers' of replica watches also run drug and prostitution rings. They are very undesirable, shady characters that pay next to nothing to the poor 'watchmakers' that put these P.O.S. together. You should be aware your $ are going to promote and extend much worse criminal activity.

D

d4m.test

Since many people are clicking on this thread to figure out how to open the case for a BR01, and not a bubble wrap package, here's an excellent pictorial from Wiz

A few weeks ago I was looking for a pictorial on how to open my Bell&Ross BR01-92, and as I didn't find any, I decided to do one this afternoon.

First, put your B&R in a case holder and slant the whole thing in order to have the crown up. It's a big watch, so you'd better take a XXL case holder if you want it to fit.

DSC02068.jpg

The point is to place the rotor down so we can access the stem release button. We are going to access this button by unscrewing the back screw.

DSC02072.jpg

Take the screw out using rodico (or some duct tape) and place it under a dust cover.

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

Once it's done, insert a small screwdriver in the hole and gently press the stem release button. The button might not be right under the hole, so don't worry if you don't find it right away. Make also sure that the rotor is not in the way.

DSC02076.jpg

Now that the stem is out, we will take care of the front screws.
To avoid scratching them, you may want to put some scotch tape on the screwdriver's blade.

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02077.jpg

Once again, take the screws out using rodico.

DSC02078.jpg

Watch out for the o-ring, it can be stucked to the front cover.

DSC02080.jpg

You can now take the movement and dial out. Be careful not to put your fingers on the dial.
Here I'm using a sound and some rodico.

DSC02081.jpg

Empty case. You can remove the dust using a dust blower and a microfiber cloth.

DSC02082.jpg

The movement in a holder.

DSC02084.jpg

Rotor out.

DSC02083.jpg

Before putting the watch back together, grease the o-rings using silicon grease.

DSC02086.jpg

If you don't have a box to apply the silicon grease, just put a little grease on your forefinger and roll the gasket between your forefinger and your middle finger.
On the small o-rings (stem and back screw), apply a tiny bit of silicon grease using a sound or a toothpick.

DSC02087.jpg

Now we can start putting the watch back together.
First, take the stem out and place the movement and dial back in the case, before putting the stem back in place. Be sure to align the dial correctly.

DSC02085.jpg

Put a tiny bit of blue threadlocker on a sound (or a toothpick) and use it to apply the threadlocker on the screws.

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02091.jpg

Put the screws back in place using tweezers to avoid the natural fat from your fingers to contaminate the threadlocker.

DSC02092.jpg

Screw them back on using your screwdriver covered with scotch tape.

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

Turn the watch over and repeate with the back screw.

DSC02095.jpg

Voilà!

DSC02098.jpg

Reactions: Dano-D