• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

On The Bench - My Watchmaking Journey

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
Hey everyone,

It’s that time of the month where I like doing a little round up of some of the more interesting jobs/watches I’ve had on the bench.

Firstly servicing a VS3135 movement.

VSF 116610LV also in getting a few bits done.

126610LN in for waterproofing, gaskets being sealed. Also came across some debris on the date wheel, although the job was only waterproofing I went ahead and removed this.

CF 126710 in for realignment of ceramic insert - bezel cleaned up suffering from the infamous paste.

Saving best to last here with a Gen 2235 which is in for full service, this has suffered from water ingress and has severe rusting throughout.

Enjoy! 😊

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
Hey everyone!

Back with a monthly post for those that are interested.

Few things on the bench since my last post, firstly OP41 gen dial swap.

VS 116610LV in for a full service.

VS 116610LN in for a xtal swap currently waiting on a reversing wheel as the current has some wear, had to clean the bezel on this guy.

Movement swap on a ladies 36mm DJ.

VS 126610LV in for a full service also.

Not one that I come across too much of, movement inspection on a JLC master ultra thin.

Finally my current project for a friend, reviving this beaten up VS DJ, which will consist of a full polish/brush, dial swap and full service.

Have a good weekend all 😊

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is well and those in the states enjoying thanksgiving! 😊

Back with another monthly-ish post with some of the jobs that have been on the bench.

2824 in for a full service.

126710BLNR in for xtal swap, insert swap and full service.
Side by side shots of CF Batman insert and Xing Batman insert - platinum numbers look a lot brighter.

New tool day recently for me, been searching a while for an excellent condition Seitz jewelling tool to replace my existing and finally found my replacement.
Bergeon/Seitz 30300, box will need restoring as the lining looks to be brittle and crumbling.
This is from Southern Watch and Clock Supplies here in the UK (no longer operating from what I believe) but I remember seeing SWCS Southern News leaflets from the mid 1950’s.
I also believe SWCS was responsible for producing Precista watches which were supplied to the British military.

Lastly we have a VSF 126610LV in for a service.

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
HNY everyone,

First post for 2024 and plenty more to come, been a while since my last post so there is plenty to share.

Well worn Batman watch in for a service, Crystal swap and Insert swap complete.

Firstly an Olive dial DJ41 getting a new white gold plated bezel fitted.

Gen James Cameron Deep Sea in for a case and bracelet clean.

CF GMT in for a clean… after removal of the bezel there was enough grease here to start a small factory.

Something that I don’t come across all too much a vintage 1665 with a Vietnam single red dial fitted.

126600 in for service, this movement was experiencing issues due to unclean movement and broken parts internally.

I have also been setting up a Facebook page with the aim of this help customers getting booked in and an easier way to be contacted, I know Facebook is quite popular in the UK.

Please feel free to join, hopefully it will be of use to people.

Thanks everyone and I wish everyone a great 2024. 😊

Ciko1984

Horology Curious
11/1/24
In terms of oils seiko recommend 9010, Seiko S4 and Seiko S6. After some research online I’m alternatively using 9010, HP1300 and 9504
Very nice thank you !,. Can you make a video to help on doing a full service ?

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Hey @Endo just came across your journey thread. Amazing write ups and photography. Thank you for the efforts you put in. Following :)

Reactions: Endo

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
Hey everyone,

Happy Easter, I’ve been extremely busy and haven’t posted in a while.

Here is some of the jobs that have crossed my bench recently

Enjoy! 😊

Reactions: dogwood

Endo

Known Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
UK
K1elk3.jpeg

K1epJs.jpeg

K1eTpD.jpeg