• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moon Swatch -- Problem -- Hands don't line up anymore!

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Bought 3 Omega Moon Swatch replicas from China for about $29 each (plus a set of boxes for around $10 each) and was impressed about the quality. Wanted to follow the advice of an experienced member here on the board and switch the prone-to-leakage batteries for quality ones. So I looked up on the Interwebs what batteries they take and ordered a set of expensive Renata 390s.

Once they arrived, I popped open the back and took out the old battery, which turned out to be a weird combination of a Renata 394 with a sideways glued on fake battery cover/pullout. Since I had the wrong battery, I put it back in and closed the watch.

Now the hands don't line up anymore. The chrono reset stops at 9 minutes instead of 0, everytime, and both top subdial hands are off as well.
I checked the Tube for advice, but what works on the GEN, pulling out the crown to position 1 to reset, doesn't work on the cheap replicas. So I wonder: what could have caused this problem, which didn't exist before, and how can I fix it?
Thanks!

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
With any quartz watch this should be an easy diy-fix mate.

For example here:

Hope this works for you too.

Last edited:

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Yes, you can set the hands manually on such Quarz movements.
Take a look for "setting / adjusting" hands on a Quarz movement as mentiones.

--- EDIT ON (cause I did not take a look at the pics) ---
In fact there is a movement "SUNON PE50" inside these REP MoonSwatches you shoul be able to adjust it.

Last edited:

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I love you guys, I really do!
Watched the video for the SUNON PE50 and learned how to re-zero the hands:
Crown pulled out all the way to the #2 position. Top pusher, at 2 o'clock resets the big chrono hand; bottom pusher at 4 o'clock resets the small counter at the 10 o'clock position.
What a relief!

Reactions: Plaasbaas