• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ok, Who Enjoys a Good Cigar?

the_CEO

Getting To Know The Place
22/3/06
I, for one, am a cigar smoker. Oh be gone with your anti-smoking policies. With my weight and cholesterol I'll die just from jumping up and down so the cigar smoke does nothing to interfere with that.

So, if you're a cigar smoker, what brand do you enjoy? I love my Ashton VSG's and I'm starting to think that CAO can't go wrong with the incredible Brazillia and I know it sounds corny, but try the new "Sopranos" cigar that they've released. FUll bodies, rich leather texture. An awesome smoke indeed.

And for those of you wondering, yes, I do light my cigar with a $20 bill. It leaves so much more taste to it.

Cucumber_Jones

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
I am a big fan. I am really into La Gloria Cubana. I am in Canada and I can get anything but I dig many non cuban brands.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Cigars for me too please :D I enjoy the CAO Italia,Rockey Patels,Carlos Torano,Opus X and others...CEO..you been to the Cigar King in Skokie?? That place is the sh*t :wink:

the_CEO

22/3/06
The Opus X! Sir, you do have excellent taste. A great medium bodied smoke that finshes very well.

I've not visited the "Cigar King" in Skokie. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll be certain to place it on my list of smoke shops. I like Blue Havana and Iwan Ries. Knowledgable staff and excellent supply.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
We should check it out sometime :D Huge walk in humidor,great selection and knowledgable staff as well....and guess what??? They sell watches!!!!!!!!! :eek: Pool table,big screen TVs,huge chairs,etc......and a pizza joint two doors down after a good smoke. And it's BYOB at the Cigar King!!! http://www.cigarking.com

We should meet up,seriously :D

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
the_CEO said:
The Opus X! Sir, you do have excellent taste. A great medium bodied smoke that finshes very well.

I've not visited the "Cigar King" in Skokie. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll be certain to place it on my list of smoke shops. I like Blue Havana and Iwan Ries. Knowledgable staff and excellent supply.

Opus X is one of my favs....i am gonna have one tomorrow at lunch...i'm gonna visit the "King" at lunch time :D

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
cigar

gentelmen, how are you? h. upman for me. i love a good cigar.

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
Opus X, definitely one of the most sought after, as is Padron Anniversary.

I like anything Fuente, HdM Excalibur, Punch, Padron, Dunhill,etc. etc etc. So many good cigars, so little time to smoke the full variety.The nice thing is price doesn't always dictate whether a cigar is guaranteed to be good or not. Every trip to the cigar store is an adventure! :D

Reactions: WatchDotNet
D

d4m.test

honestly (fearless of the ridicule which might follow) i smoke cigars on various ocasions (usualy as a BLUNT full of weed or when we try to mimic to be loaded) but i dont really know what it is about those cigars...

i mean i smoked moods for a looooong time, because the simply tasted very good and were PIMP and special, but the cigars i smoked tasted about the same (and even the best taste doesnt justify 40$ per cigar IMHO)

maybe someone can enlighten me, what it is all about them cigars!

D

d4m.test

btw. i meant the moods which come with filters and are smoked like CIGARETTE'S! means you INHALE the smoke!

there are also moods cigars, but i never tried them as of today!

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
$40 a cigar!? EEK! Even the Davidoff's I've seen aren't more than about $30 and I feel that's far too much. ( No Cubans here in the States; could possibly make the price convincing). That said, I've heard Opus X going for$75-$100 in Vegas. OUCH!

foster

Do not accept unsolicited offers
19/3/06
Another vote for the La Gloria Cubana. Love the Serie R.

Tink131

16/3/06
[smilie=sad4.gif] I think I'll pass on the cigars, but thanks anyway! [smilie=brushteeth.gif]

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
LGC, another brand I need to revisit. I have a Partagas siting in the humidor aging well. So many nice ones out there.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Some guys have a watch problem, some guys have a cigar problem, and some people have both. :lol:

I love cigars and have a small collection. For those in the know, the first picture is a pair of mid 80's Davidoff Dom Perinon. The second picture is as much of my humidor that I could fit in one picture. :wink:

Davidoff_Dom.jpg

Humidor.jpg

rmoorez

Known Member
6/4/06
Oh Yeah, give me a nice evening, after a great dinner and a fine cigar...Heaven

the_CEO

22/3/06
Happy T, you are hereby affectionately known as, "The Man". Excellent pics and excellent selection. My humidor isn't quite the selection that you have, but it's growing.

Someone earlier asked, "What is it about cigars". A cigar, believe it or not isn't about the smoke itself. It's about the taste. The taste that dances on ones palatte. It's an extraordinary feel that transports you to another time and place where gentlemen were gentlemen who discussed world events and played cards. An excellent time indeed.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Mr CEO, I agree with a lot of what you just said. Most people, especially new cigar smokers, don't have the pallete to distinguish the "taste" or to recognize the complexity of tobacco. I try to explain it to people by comparing it to wine but some people will never be able to tell the difference between a $3 bottle and a $$$ bottle. Same with cigars. The biggest thing is that you have to like the taste of tobacco to begin with and I'm not talking about Cigarettes which are mostly made from less than top of the line tobacco and other additives. And don't get me started on flavor cigars. :roll: :lol:

I would like to add one more thing, the enjoyment I get while smoking a good cigar, regardless of price, is the moment. Its kinda hard to explain.... I may be sitting on the back porch by myself reading the newspaper or having an adult beverage or two with good company..... the moment is that time during the smoke when it seems like all trouble is off your shoulders and there couldn't be a more relaxed state of being. Of course it could just be the scotch. LOL

I have a few Opus that some of you may have never seen before. A Sammy Sosa Opus that is in the shape of a baseball bat. I'd like to think that most in my collection will one day be smoked but I'm not sure about that one.