• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a AD adjust the bracelet for my new rep Rolex?

Ryan2941

Horology Curious
5/9/15
Hey guys...first post here so take it easy on me lol. I've looked through the forum here but haven't found a direct answer. I'm located in Chicago and I've ordered my first rep...The Rolex Deep Sea Blue ref 1166600. It should be here in a few days and I'm wondering if I take to a watch shop to get links taken out and fitted, if they will do it or confiscate it because it's a rep. Here in chicago, there are a few Rolex AD's and many watch shops. I just want to be sure ahead of time. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
You should do it yourself. Just get some small screwdrivers. Don't take it to an AD

maybe a small jewelry shop place

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
It's a five minute job, with the correct screwdrivers. Do a search, there are lots of threads on how to prepare a strap, including thred loc on screws, cleaning and oiling the bracelet etc

rdb

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
No AD will confiscate your replica on the spot, period. Anyone who says otherwise are either lying or have no clue what personal property means, rep or otherwise. At worst they'll turn you away if they do somehow realise it's a rep, at best, they'll adjust it for you and you'll be on your way. But really, adjusting a bracelet is super easy, you can do it yourself at home with 1.2mm screwdriver (give or take 0.2mm is fine)

KingKantona

I'm Pretty Popular
Hey guys...first post here so take it easy on me lol. I've looked through the forum here but haven't found a direct answer. I'm located in Chicago and I've ordered my first rep...The Rolex Deep Sea Blue ref 1166600. It should be here in a few days and I'm wondering if I take to a watch shop to get links taken out and fitted, if they will do it or confiscate it because it's a rep. Here in chicago, there are a few Rolex AD's and many watch shops. I just want to be sure ahead of time. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Definitely attempt it yourself, after all by the time you've filled your 1/2/3/4th watch box you'll have saved a small fortune :sFun_mischieviousbi

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
I have to agree,first and foremost dont go with a replica to your AD,maybe if you have a watchmaker near you..But its a really easy job to do by yourself..you just need small screwdrivers and there you go..

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A small mall "Watch Station" type booth is your best bet but FFS don't take to an AD. Think, would you take a Fiero based Ferrari replica to the Ferrari dealer for a tuneup?

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
OP if you can't remove a link from a rolex rep bracelet this may be the wrong hobby for you

sent from my Samsung edge plus v6s

watch this

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
Buy a small watch screwdriver or one of those eyeglass ones they sell at every pharmacy

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
if you can't unscrew a screw, then you probably won't known how to close the clasp. Lol

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
OP, like everyone says....NO, NO, and NO. You can purchase a small screw driver and do it yourself. If you don't feel confident about this option then you can take it to a local watch shop. Do not go to an AD. We strongly discourage everyone to flash a rep around an AD - this is just poor taste & manner.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can I take my rep to an AD to have him set the time and date? I mean how does it even work?????

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I'm going to go Shoot myself if I hear another one of these insanely stupid questions!:ffuu::monty::restinpeace::angryshout::censoree::newconfus::ranting2::lmao::rip::itchyandscratchy::jeff::timeout::evil::wyliehelp::trainwreck::picard2::thrasher:

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU

:lamo2:

D

d4m.test

A pic says more than a 1000 words, just look at the link beneath 5 o´clock. These are really easy to take out and remove or refit in, it only gets complicated with TAGs or older Omegas. With the glidelock clasp You also have well 2 links worth of adjustment without any tools. With reps it´s better to keep each screw with it´s own link instead of mixing them up (tolerances etc.). Should one show too much resistance on the first try just move to the next.
IMG_7313c_zpso0nsfst4.jpg

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
This can't be a genuine question from any intelligent person surely!!!!!!!![emoji47][emoji47][emoji47][emoji47]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
This question comes up periodically.

I always try to do it myself first but once I ran into a very annoying bracelet, it got me crazy so I chose the cheapest watch store/watch repair and usually they are ok to do it. Worst case scenario, they will tell you that they don't work on reps, if they are able to tell it's a rep in the first place.

As a rule I would not go to a store that sells luxury items. Even though they probably won't call the cops or lawyers or whatever, they might want to make you feel uncomfortable or guilty with stupid comments.

This is the irritating TAG bracelet I was talking about:

160429093528796772.jpg

A pain in the arse really, pins that need to go into tubes then the whole thing goes in the link, a nightmare. I broke a couple of cheap Ali tools on it and gave up.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This can't be a genuine question from any intelligent person surely!!!!!!!![emoji47][emoji47][emoji47][emoji47]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not? Did you know everything when you first arrived here? Its not one that an answer would be easy to find on search so he asked which is better than just doing it. God you lot can get narky. If you don't like the question then don't reply, move along.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Why not? Did you know everything when you first arrived here? Its not one that an answer would be easy to find on search so he asked which is better than just doing it. God you lot can get narky. If you don't like the question then don't reply, move along.

I knew not to take a rep into an official dealer yes!!! C'mon that is just common sense fella!!!