• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chonograph movement problem, need help!!! (Asia Valjoux 7750 Auto for Super Avenger)

ry23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/11
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Breitling Super Avenger (Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic movement) and I am having some problems with the chronograph. Looking for whatever advice anyone can offer. Here is my problem ….

The Chronograph minute and second hand are frozen and will not reset to 12 o’clock. If you look at my attached picture you can see the problem.

The second hand for the chronograph is stuck at 57 seconds and won’t move and the 30 min timer is also stuck at about 5 minutes.

If you attempt to reset the chronograph the standard way it just wiggles and stays where it is.

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-calebrate the movement to adjust the hands back to 12 o’clock?
( Others have said that I might have done this my-self, I do not believe that to be the case, I did not press the re-set while the chrono was running, it had problems since day 1 and I do not want to send it back incase it goes missing or seized and then I will have nothing at all)
( I also called a local repair shop and they told me it would be about $230 to repair and they would rebuild the movement) this seems pretty pricy, does anyone know what else I could do, is there a simple fix ? if not does anyone know where I can get a good movement which is proper for the Super Avenger ?

THANK YOU

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Do the hands always reset at the same position?

ry23

3/12/11
they reset properly until last night when they stopped where they are in the picture and if you attempt to reset it now they dont move

when i went to reset it last night they spun as if they normally would but didn't make it all the way back up to 12 o'clock and stopped where they are now. I am very upset with it. only got it 2 weeks ago, i can send it back to be repaired but if i do i might never see it again so i am worried

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
They used to reset properly? Does the chrono starts?

ry23

3/12/11
no, they are just stuck in the postion they are in the picture i posted, if you attempt to start or stop or reset they just stay where they are

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Seems like contacting the smith is your only way. You shouldnt play too around much with the chrono in the first place.
Consider buying a gen ETA 7750 to swap it.

ry23

3/12/11
Whats the point of having it if you cant use it, i was told it was a working chrono when i purchased it.
I have gotten the hands back to 12 oclock but they still do not work, does anyone know how to make them work again and could show me how ?

e.x. which parts control the second hand and which part controls the minute hand.

I am also in Canada not the US

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Whats the point of having it if you cant use it, i was told it was a working chrono when i purchased it.

The A7750 was never as well made as the ETA version, playing with it raise problems more often than not. I dont really see the usefulness of a chrono anyway, its more like a cosmetic thing.
I heard that u can play with the chrono as much as you want if its a ST-19 movement thou.