• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Offering a watch with a Kinetic movement. Please share your thoughts on the idea.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Right now we are looking at adding a watch with a Kinetic movement. We have a working prototype now. It takes a fair amount of modification so from a production stand point we may offer just 20 of them.

The movement we are working with now is the Hattori Japan watch movement YT57. As it's easy to source and very affordable as well.

What do you folks think of the idea?

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I'd suggest fully automatic Miyota 9015. 24 jewels, 28,800bph, and the same price.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Nice idea but I would rather see an auto or even a handwind mechanical.
Real watches don't tick mate.

Having said that I'm sure there is a market for a few kinetics out there but why is it such a big project? It should only entail a different movement ring and maybe hand size.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Kinetic is a great idea, deadly accuracy, long life, can't ask for more in a tool watch!
If you are trying to stuff the kinetic in that skinny arsed case your using for the ronda and eta quartz I guess it would take some modification.
You might be better off to design a new case to fit the kinetic, it would also give you a case that would fit the Seiko automatics too so you would have many options at that point.
There is not much point in a whole new case for just 20 watches but if you are looking for something different in limited numbers you can pretty easily get a 2892/3 in your existing cases with a different caseback and only minor adjustments to your case.

just thinking out loud a bit...

BTW I've not seen your site or brand before, I like everything I see!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I didn't see a link, so here it is....

http://minutemanwatches.com/

Love this...

Black-Liberty-no-date1-640x640.png
AAA-Black-with-no-date-green-Lume-shot-640x640.jpg

The caseback...

Caseback-RC-V1-color.jpg

And the caseback for the updated Minuteman...

Minuteman-New-Caseback.jpg