• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost Crown on 42mm Planet Ocean

KirbyvanBurch

Looking Around
1/11/13
Took my watch off last night, went to put it on this morning and realized that apparently I lost the crown, and possibly other parts too. I don't know enough to know what I'm missing other than the crown (crown tube? stem?). I bought it about two years ago and I've already emailed the website I purchased it from. I'm basically wondering what parts I need and how I go about getting my watch functional again, assuming that's feasible. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/LzDydEK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N2qo3WH.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The tube is there but you can kiss goodbye the crown and stem.

Good call contacting your dealer, if you have no luck you can ask for the parts here in wanted section.

Alternative option is to update the watch with a gen crown tube.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
I have a spare you can have if you are based in the EU. PM me if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - cloned 1:1 from Californian designs.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You need a stem and a crown. You'll need to know which movement it has to order a stem.

KirbyvanBurch

Looking Around
1/11/13
I've been in contact with the original dealer but they are dragging their feet a ton in terms of getting me a replacement. I'm starting to think I should look elsewhere. I'm not sure what the movement in my watch is, though. I know its not an ETA and believe its a seagull but I don't know the model number. I've asked the original dealer for the model number so hopefully he'll get back to me. Am i correct in saying I'll need to know the movement to get the correct replacement stem?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Yes, although if it's an ETA clone, the regular ETA stem will fit. If it's a 21j you'll probably need to know which movement. A picture would help.

KirbyvanBurch

Looking Around
1/11/13
Yes, although if it's an ETA clone, the regular ETA stem will fit. If it's a 21j you'll probably need to know which movement. A picture would help.

A picture of the innards of the watch? Meaning take the case off? I've never done that before but I can't imagine it's that complicated, and I'm not too worried about destroying anything, considering I've got a nonfunctional watch as is.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Just open the back of the case and take a picture. Nothing difficult. Ball up a little piece of duct tape and use the sticky side to open it with.