• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal for First Rep

ticktime1

Horology Curious
5/7/17
Hi everyone, thanks to all the useful information on the forums I arrived to what I think is a perfect watch for my first rep. It's the 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal edition which just looks unbelievable to me.
I was wondering what the pro's and con's of this version from puretime would be: http://www.puretimewatch.pw/omega-p...imited-edition-noob-best-edition-sku6325.html

How would the 2824 movement compare to the 2836 or even gen movement?

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
THAT IS THE WRONG PURETIME WEBSITE!!! IT'S A SCAM PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THAT WEBSITE!!!

Use the url from the trusted dealer section! NEVER Google Puretime, noob factory, J factory or InTime, there are multiple scam websites out there!!!

Now onto the watch. It's going to be re-releasing in a few days according to Ken from ChazingTime. But as of now it's NOT released yet. It's definitely an amazing piece. I myself am looking to pick one when it drops next week.

Sent from the RWI App

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
.......I arrived to what I think is a perfect watch for my first rep. It's the 42mm Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal edition which just looks unbelievable to me.
I was wondering what the pro's and con's ........

How would the 2824 movement compare to the 2836 or even gen movement?

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

This is a rep that was discontinued and was considered a super rep by many. If the newest version is anything like it was the last time this would be a fantastic choice for a first rep.

These asian movements, both 2824 & 2836 are excellent movements.

As said above, TD's on here can easily be confused with fake sites so be careful on that

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Would this watch be a good choice then?
https://puretime03.com/special-offe...1-noob-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

Im also worried how 42mm will fit on my bit over 6" wrists.. Should i aim for 40 or less?

Yes that watch is an excellent choice. It's a super rep and it's on sale because production for it is being discontinued at the moment.

Slightly over 6" is a little hard but I think it'll be fine. I have small wrists too at 6.75" and 42mm is fine for me though the CrPO is a little on the thick side. You'd probably need to remove 5 or 6 links since I remove 4 for my wrists.

ticktime1

Horology Curious
5/7/17
Argh dont know if i should wait for the new version or just get this one. Thanks for the advice its very appreciated.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Argh dont know if i should wait for the new version or just get this one. Thanks for the advice its very appreciated.

I'm not sure whether a new version of this Noob CrPO would be coming out. For a first rep, the one you listed from puretime is definitely solid!

I certainly hope Noob is working on the 43.5mm new CrPOs released by Omega for quite some time now. The orange black one looks freaking amazing, if only someone can get the rubber insert bezel and dial correct... So far attempts haven't been too great by OM and V6F.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Would this watch be a good choice then?
https://puretime03.com/special-offe...1-noob-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

Im also worried how 42mm will fit on my bit over 6" wrists.. Should i aim for 40 or less?

the one you listed (crpo) has an open case back and is 16mm thick the one that people are talking about in some other threads (lmpo) is different. The dial looks similar, but it is thinner (13.5 or so) and has a closed case back.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion, but here is mine: these are both good Reps as far as accuracy but a 16mm watch is MUCH less wearable than a 13 or 14mm thick watch. The price of the one you listed is attractive, but I would wait for the lmpo. I have a 7.5" wrist and I am not a fan of anything over about 15mm thick (I prefer 14mm or less)

you asked about 42mm dia on your 6" wrist. I think lug to lug is actually more important than the dial dia but I think more than likely 42 is not too big for you. I would suggest trying out different sizes to get a better feel of what you like.

the thing is it is all about what you like and how you feel about the size and thickness. If you don't like it, you won't wear it.....

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I had the gen 43,5mm and definitely is big for your wrist, you will not enjoy at all.. even the 42mm you are looking has some presence that cannot be overlooked, the 42mm LMPO would be ideal because it is lighter and not the case not that thick (I own the gen for being the perfect PO in terms of dimensions and rarity)... Any 40mm Rolex would be also good for you or maybe one of the AquaTerras, good luck, read read and do some more reading to get there ! ! ! !

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
Does anyone know the size of the bracelet? I've heard it's not good and I'd rather buy a different one but I can't find the size anywhere.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Does anyone know the size of the bracelet? I've heard it's not good and I'd rather buy a different one but I can't find the size anywhere.

20mm lug width.

a great replacement is the NOOB CRPO bracelet from our trusted dealers, it's the new style of omega bracelet with screws

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
You can pair it with the lmpo endlinks because they will fit the lmpo case better than the crpo endlinks. The crpo case is a bit taller so the crpo endlinks are as well

Sent from the RWI App

Wow that's really good information. I can already tell I'm going to go mod crazy on this watch haha