• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Not so happy this time

Troklo

23/12/15
This all started when the bezel of my "Planet Ocean 45.5mm Huge Blue Genuine Ceramic VSF" fell out and I was told that the component was unavailable. I've been around long enough to know that these things happen, so I just bought a new one. PT is the dealer where I get the majority of my watches, so I went back to him.
Communication was slow because it was CNY, but I understood; after a week or so, I received payment confirmation and a few of days later, my QC images; so far, so good.
I accept and patiently wait for the tracking number; a couple of weeks pass and nothing happens, so I send them an email; nothing. I waited another week and sent them a reminder, but nothing happened. I finally decided to send an email to the QC department because they were the last ones to respond, and to my surprise, the watch was already in my country and waiting for me to pick it up. You might be thinking, why are you whining now that you have your watch?
Indeed, but I was about to leave on a month-long trip, and if I hadn't been adamant, the post office would have returned the watch, and that would've of been a shit show.
Unfortunately, after a week and a half with the watch, the bezel falls off AGAIN, so I contacted PT to see if they could source me the bezel this time around, and if not, I would be willing to buy a new watch (yes, I like it that much), but it would be nice to get a discount since the watch had only been in my possession for a little over a week.
Since then, there has been silence, no response, and nothing.
While I didn't expect PT to send me a new watch or to bend over backwards sourcing a new bezel, at the end of the day they are dealers not makers, I kind of feel bummed out by the lack of communication

What have I a learned from this experience?
Seems that there are issues at PT's communication office, they either don't have enough people to go through the emails or are just ignoring some.
To all the people wanting to get this particular model be warned that there is an issue with it.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for your unhappy experience, can you send me your order number so I can check what happened and find the issues at our staff communication.

Troklo

23/12/15
I must add that I did get a reply eventually, all in all good just maybe see whats up with the tracking department.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi, sure it was 264424
Already checked with VSF maker, they can sell the bezel part for fixing, but need to wait about 1 month time when they release a new batch Huge Blue watch. I already asked our team follow your problem.

Troklo

23/12/15
Thanks really appreciate you guys taking care of this. I understand, also being a business owner, that you cant always control how good your staff is working and sometimes they need a little nudge.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks really appreciate you guys taking care of this. I understand, also being a business owner, that you cant always control how good your staff is working and sometimes they need a little nudge.
Thank you for your understanding, if you have any problem, contact me.