• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Not happy about waiting time & communication

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Seriously, i am pretty chilled, considerate and relaxed and i know my watch is not the only one...

but: after 7 weeks of waiting i still dont have an estimated date / price. dont get me wrong: its not like i wanted to have my watch back in a few weeks, but a statement besides "not yet" would be very nice/appropriate after a few weeks.

on the other hand: domi fixed another watch 1-2 years ago, it took some time, but overall it was flawless.

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Seven weeks? You're being sarcastic and making a joke right now, right? Domi's parcels are piling up in a separate room and this continuously. There's several months' worth of work in there. Then it's not clear from the start how long Domi will have to deal with each watch. If there are complications, he can easily spend half a day with one watch.

How is he supposed to predict by when he will touch your watch and how long the repair will take? It is simply impossible. He works alone. Has a private life too, which comes too short anyway. And something can always come up in between. He works VERY hard and VERY much every day. He delivers extremely good quality and charges extremely fair prices.

Due to his excellent work and his justifiably very good reputation, one might have to wait several months. It is a lot of work, which is why Domi no longer accepts every customer. But one thing is for sure: If you get on his nerves, become rude, build up unnecessary pressure or publicly try to unjustly denigrate the way he works on his orders, then you will not be accepted as a customer anymore and your current request was your last.

If you want the best, get in line and wait (no offense). Otherwise, you can go to any other watchmaker.

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
Seven weeks? You're being sarcastic and making a joke right now, right? Domi's parcels are piling up in a separate room and this continuously. There's several months' worth of work in there. Then it's not clear from the start how long Domi will have to deal with each watch. If there are complications, he can easily spend half a day with one watch.

How is he supposed to predict by when he will touch your watch and how long the repair will take? It is simply impossible. He works alone. Has a private life too, which comes too short anyway. And something can always come up in between. He works VERY hard and VERY much every day. He delivers extremely good quality and charges extremely fair prices.

Due to his excellent work and his justifiably very good reputation, one might have to wait several months. It is a lot of work, which is why Domi no longer accepts every customer. But one thing is for sure: If you get on his nerves, become rude, build up unnecessary pressure or publicly try to unjustly denigrate the way he works on his orders, then you will not be accepted as a customer anymore and your current request was your last.

If you want the best, get in line and wait (no offense). Otherwise, you can go to any other watchmaker.

this BtW applies to all professional watchmakers here on the board. Most have Dayjobs and usually dont want to add extratime for communication when they can wirk on their projects. Date predictions just pin them on a point of time they can not guarantee so thats why they dont do it.

Just let them do their work, regardles what WM it is - time is crutial because you dont want the watch not working because it was rushed down.

if you want to test it, go to a shoemaker and let him prepare your shoes and sole - you will find out that 6month is average

Reactions: tmp2018 and domiffm

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17

thanks for the insight - i did not know that "Domi's parcels are piling up in a separate room and this continuously".

maybe he should have added a "it takes 3-4+ month before i can look at it" to his initial reply "yes, no problem, just send it".

anyways, thanks for your replies domiffm & Limpy...back in line, waiting.

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Sorry, I have to agree with this. Sent a watch to Domi which took +3 months to sort out. Lots of messaging back and forth until it was even looked at.

Sent a watch to JD - finished in 2 weeks, with pictures throughout the process and a couple questions from his side. Super fluent process.

I'm sure his work is flawless, but sorry, I got the same "just send it over" and if I would've known that the process takes +3 months I would have gone to someone else.

Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

Limpy

Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
thats true - a hint that it may take several months as there is x projects up front would be good.

I know from Slaughterer that he sometimes jumps projects. When he is doing case shaping for AP for example he will do that to several projects and then they move back in their box.. maybe they also have weeks where they only shape cases or wirk on a specific problem. you can not forcast that. anyways, JD was quick, maybe he has not as many projects or the particular watch was a quick job to do. who knows. but as for slauhhterer i know he has a dayjob and cares for the projects in his sparetime. dont know about domis daytime routine, if he is all in on Rep franken game.

hope you will sort it out - but in all cases the WM wont run with your prts. i am sure :)

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Some of my modders have had watches for nearly a year, some longer in the past! A change in scope or a necessary part can put the job to the back of the pile and comms is the last thing the guys want to keep doing. Some are better at that part than others but invariably they will all get busy so it pays to be patient - Domi is a stand up guy who has served the forum amazingly over the years, even when his personal life became very hectic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

How is he supposed to predict by when he will touch your watch and how long the repair will take? It is simply impossible.

I think the issue that OP is referring too, is that some people take on more work than they can handle at any given time. Not good practise to let parcels pile up like that...just don’t take on more work

MIA6268

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
EU
Sorry, I have to agree with this. Sent a watch to Domi which took +3 months to sort out. Lots of messaging back and forth until it was even looked at.

Sent a watch to JD - finished in 2 weeks, with pictures throughout the process and a couple questions from his side. Super fluent process.

I'm sure his work is flawless, but sorry, I got the same "just send it over" and if I would've known that the process takes +3 months I would have gone to someone else.

Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

Who is JD?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
to close the case: a few weeks later to my initial post here, domi fixed my watch (end of april) - tricky & some alternative options ;), but domi did a perfect job on my 116520. thanks dmuit !

Reactions: Armor28