• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The original big Egiziano VS the new Rep

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
After a bit of research, (with thanks to Enzo) I found this shot of the Egiziano Italian Navy watch from the 1950's and it was indeed brushed steel like the one DSN is offering, along with his titanium version. As you can see the swiss / made at the 6 oclock poistion is not in the earlier version and the dial was brown. The new one has a black dial, which maybe DSN will fix, but for me, this stainless is pure classic Panerai, and I have not been so jazzed about a rep watch for awhile.

oth shots are the 1956 version

this is the 2009 version in Ti

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Is the 1956 version the same size as the one DSN is offering? I think 60mm is too much TBH... what is Panerai thinking? lol

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
The 60mm is to much, however they made this watch to strap outside a diving suit, and it was not really intended to be a fashion statement as it is now, so the 52mm is big but not to much so, and it reall is an awesome timepiece.

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
guanaco said:
Is the 1956 version the same size as the one DSN is offering? I think 60mm is too much TBH... what is Panerai thinking? lol

The 60mm watch might be to big but the 60DD breasts on the young lady in your avatar are
certainly not to big. On this the mjority here might agree :wink: