• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worth it?

Marcoman

Known Member
23/10/16
HI guys, i'd appreciate any opinion on my imminent next purchase. I have it narrowed down to GF avenger seawolf yellow blacksteel, GF avenger GMT black or white and randomly, a black pelagos. Its not life changing decision stuff as Im pretty sure i'll cover them all in the next few months eventually and after I try to offload some dead wood.

I'm leaning towards the seawolf yellow blacksteel this time. However, I do already have a SS yellow steelwolf on a grey leather which I picked up M2M. I'm not sure what factory, orbis I think and I know the colour to be off noticeably if side by side. When I read about the GF version being spot on (or as good as) for colour, it got me interested and with the black steel, I think its an awesome combination, much and all as I like it in stainless steel.

So my simple question is, would the GF version in blacksteel be worth it? I know i'll probably get the whole, get what you like, but i'm hoping some of you guys have seen GF version, gen or obris/ANF versions side by side to know if the GF is close....

Thanks guys....

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Purely personal preference mate, I haven't seen the yellow compared with the gen so can't comment but the GF GMT is very very close to gen. There's been a slight hiccup with the latest batch of GMTs as the movements they fitted have the wrong date font, but its not a huge deal and gen uses a pretty standard eta wheel, so can easily be swapped otherwise its bang on.