• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V11 3135

AYProrep

Looking Around
21/7/21
Noob V11 Movement?!

Hello there, I had a question and was wondering if anyone could help. I recently got a noob v11 rolex submariner black, the dealer told me its with a 3135 movement, but the date starts changing from 10 pm and flips after 12 but takes the 2 hour cycle. Also the watch itself adjusts when you wind the crown clockwise just like the 3135. I don’t know which movement is actually in the watch but was wondering if someone would know. Is there a 3135 movement that starts moving the date from 10 o’clock.

AYProrep

Looking Around
21/7/21

The problem is, it’s already pressure tested and waterproofed, I was wondering if I can know without opening the case ???? I just wanted to know in theory is this a 3135 or a 2824/36.

riderocket

18/9/18
If you listen carefully while swinging the case back and forth, you can tell apart 2824 ball bearing rotor sound from 3135 autowinding sound (which is mostly silent).

Also 2824/2836 sets hour and minute hands in the opposite direction of 3135
2824/2836 crown counterclockwise sets the time forward
3135 crown clockwise - sets time forward

3135 and 2836 are instant date change, 2824 is not.

IMO winding action is totally different too, but it is harder to tell apart.

Based on the description of yours, most likely a 3135 clone with some issue of the instant date change mechanism (weak spring perhaps).

Reactions: AcmeSix

JimmyWW169

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/22
Could someone please tell me the pros and cons on the 3135 v 2836-2 VSF to Noob ? I'm guessing a movement you can service and swap with gen parts seems to be the better way............ Im not sure though I'm still learning

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I can repeat here statements of my watchmaker, which are logical and conclusive for me.
The AETA movements are very sophisticated and durable. The RLX 3135 Clone movements were very fragile in the beginning and broke down frequently. In addition, the spare parts supply for the clone movements was not good at the beginning.
Both movements are poorly lubricated from the factory. The AETA movements are easier for the watchmaker to service.
But as @riderocket already described, the automatics of the RLX 3135 Clone movements are hardly audible, the automatics of the AETA movements are.
In the meantime, there are with the VR 3135 and especially with the VS 3135 clone movements very good and reliable RLX clone movements, which - if they have received a professional service according to Rolex specifications from the watchmaker - can also show very good rates and keep them over a long period.
Another point in favor of the RLX Clone movements is that original parts (hands, dial, date disc) can be used without modification and also that the case dimensions are largely identical.

riderocket

18/9/18
In the meantime, there are with the VR 3135 and especially with the VS 3135 clone movements very good and reliable RLX clone movements, which - if they have received a professional service according to Rolex specifications from the watchmaker - can also show very good rates and keep them over a long period.
I second this. Having worn a self-serviced VR3135 daily for 2 years, they are all-right. Pretty accurate and robust enough.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I'm still running an SH3135 in my ARF after 3 years as a beater. It was serviced early on, and it has continued well and loses maybe a few seconds a day.